March 29, 2024, 04:56:43 am

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NintendoKing

Hello, RetroGamerTMD; I am sure members here will be able to help you build your very own collection of games. Have fun!

@JC- it's great to see you my friend!

security16

I'm not real good at these but here goes I'm Theressa i'm 21 with a decade of experience. I live in Australia and i've grown up with all sorts of consoles and computers from commodore64's to atari 2600's which i still have but some are not functioning. I got interested in the famicom stuff from watching Anime like Sailor moon and Tekkaman blade and i've managed to hunt down some Sailor moon and Tekkaman blade games for the super famicom. Then i realised i needed the consoles to play them on and i think through the magic of ebay i won a Famicom and a Famicom disk system. Then when i got them i realised i was a tard and got the wrong console! I eventually found a couple of Superfamicom's one still in the box with the super scope 6 which i still haven't tried out!  I found a box of pirate famicom games in a second hand shop and it had some NES and Super famicom games in it too along with a converter i was a happy girl when they took my offer of $10 for the box .
My other hobbies are making custom dolls from boring mass manufactured blondes and sewing and cooking and some other girly stuff!
I have a husband who is younger than some of my consoles and he sometimes helps me with the electrical things i'm no good with. I also have a son who will be 2 early next year. He loves playing with my NES controllers and he has his own gameboy pocket that sometimes works (thats why he can have it :D)  I also have 2 catzillaz who like to chew on random things. I also get frogs that visit at this time of the year

Well thats enough about me hope you're still awake after reading that :D  :crazy:

petik1

Well hi. This is probably one of the only gaming forums whose members won't freak out at the sight of a female member.

manuel

Oh, great.
How am I supposed to get that image out of my head?   :crazy:

Algo Fonix

May as well make a post here.

I'm 23 and I've been playing NES since I was about 8. I never stopped playing the thing, so I don't have that same "revisiting my childhood" feeling a lot of people have when they get back into NES/famicom stuff. I dabble in some soldering/electronics work but I'm not great at it yet. I'm about to do a region mod on my Sega Saturn over Christmas break, then if that goes well try my hand at the AV mod for my red/white Famicom.

I'm a big fan of music and japanese superhero shows (Kamen Rider, Ultraman, Super Sentai, etc.). I originally joined up because someone was selling famicoms for $14! Madness, I thought. I came for the bargain, I stayed for everything else. This is a really interesting community. So many people are so well versed in the technical aspects of the famicom. I have a feeling I'll be staying here for quite a while.

security16

Quote from: manuel on December 01, 2011, 06:43:36 am
Oh, great.
How am I supposed to get that image out of my head?   :crazy:

Does that help???

they are pre-baby boobs they are bigger now but so is the rest of me :(

NintendoKing

Lol, its just a picture of a tanktop!   :D
Thus reassuring the claim that there truly are no girls on the internet.

manuel

It helps a bit.
It would help more if there was a nice woman in it.  :P

I don't know where, but somewhere I saw a pic of a T-shirt with a drawing of a dual analog controller and the analog nubs were where the stars are in your photo. That was a nice shirt.

security16

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on December 02, 2011, 07:34:09 am
Lol, its just a picture of a tanktop!   :D
Thus reassuring the claim that there truly are no girls on the internet.

I haven't been a girl for a long time this is the most recent half decent pic of me before i had my son cept for my wedding pictures

Parodius Duh

Quote from: Algo Fonix on December 01, 2011, 10:27:07 am
japanese superhero shows (Kamen Rider, Ultraman, Super Sentai, etc.).

Cool me too. Akumaizer 3, Kikaida 01, Kamen Rider X, Kamen rider Stronger are my favorites. Tokusatsu is better than Sentai in my opinion.  I also like funny stuff like Robocon, Robo 110 Ban, and Gure Gure Medaman (which I only have 1 episode of and that is highly upsetting).....

Algo Fonix

Awesome :D It's always neat to meet someone who's also into that stuff!

I like Akumaizer 3, too. It was a lot of fun to watch!  I just got some Kamen Rider Black RX dvds... and I'm waiting on the rest of Black to be fansubbed so I can watch them both back to back. I'm also hoping to get the Inazuman dvd set sometime soonish.

Parodius Duh

Quote from: Algo Fonix on December 04, 2011, 09:35:45 am
Awesome :D It's always neat to meet someone who's also into that stuff!

I like Akumaizer 3, too. It was a lot of fun to watch!  I just got some Kamen Rider Black RX dvds... and I'm waiting on the rest of Black to be fansubbed so I can watch them both back to back. I'm also hoping to get the Inazuman dvd set sometime soonish.

I have all of kamen rider black with english subs if interested, maybe you have a series to trade?

Algo Fonix

I'll have to wait til I get back home to make up a list of what I have... but sounds good. :O

I have a decent amount of stuff, but don't have access to it atm.

Parodius Duh

Quote from: Algo Fonix on December 04, 2011, 09:59:12 am
I'll have to wait til I get back home to make up a list of what I have... but sounds good. :O

I have a decent amount of stuff, but don't have access to it atm.

cool,  just private message me when u can!