March 28, 2024, 02:48:52 am

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

polancky

Hello everyone,

I'm 30 years old and come from Poland. I collect pirate games and stuff.
My collection... http://polancky.com/

Collection of pirated games:

www.piratecarts.pl                                                               : :. .:. :: :: ..: : .:. : :. .:. :: :.. : .:. ..:: :. .:. :: :: ..: : .:.

MasterDisk

Mathius

newkillergenius

Hello

New to the forum and I thought I would introduce myself.  My name is Justin and I have recently entered the world of Famicom/FDS.
Well, not exactly... still trying.

Nice forum you have here, with some good people.

I'll be posting about my wonderfully frustrating FDS very soon.   :help:

NintendoKing

Jamtex

Realised I have not written anything here. Erm I work in the musuem / gallery field of sorts, am fast approaching 40 so becoming cynical.

The Famicom is one of 7 consoles I collect games for, but I don't bother with wanting everything in mint condition, a box, some instructions and a feeling of being loved is good enough for me.

VenomMacbeth

Better late than never, I suppose...

My name's Raven and I'm currently unemployed & avidly seeking a job to finance my numerous frivolous expenses, including:

1) Keeping my 48-year-old car (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lestatw/4467788423/) up and running
2) Collecting action figures (Transformers, Zoids, Halo, Bioshock, Macross, etc.)
3) Buying the occasional vinyl record from a favorite band
4) Acquiring games for my classic game consoles
5) Eventually collecting arcade cabinets

Aside from all the money-eating things, I also thoroughly enjoy drawing/painting, writing music, listening to music, biological sciences, pretty lights & shiny objects, and way too many other things to list.  Although I've been a die-hard classic Nintendo fan since I was about 8 years old, I've only worked up the initiative to start collecting classic game consoles recently when I found a retro game store nearby & traded my 3 broken NES's for a working one.  At the time, I had a SNES, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS1, and an N64 missing the power supply.  Since then, I've procured that working NES, in addition to a Sega Genesis, Atari 2600, and a newly-acquired Sega Master System.  I'm considering also getting a Famicom, Disc System, Atari 7800, Sega Game Gear, and a Vectrex.  Where the hell I'm going to display and hook up these consoles (excluding the Vectrex, of course) remains to be seen. 

DerZocker

Hi there! I'm DerZocker from Germany. I've been collecting retro consoles and games for a long time now.  I recently ordered a Twin Famicom from Ebay but I'm still waiting for it to arrive. My other intrests are drawing and creating pixelart and working on fangames (well only graphical I suck horribly at the programming/scripting stuff^^). This is my dA page. Don't be scared though, there's lots of Sega stuff on the recent pages ;D

yobikata

I guess I should go ahead and introduce myself. My name is Byron, and I just joined here. I have a terrible habit of joining forums and never, ever posting so I'm going to try to break that habit and actually become a member of a community.

Right now I have a Super Famicom that I'm borrowing from someone, but I'm trying to get ahold of a Famicom (without paying $50 shipping).

I'm only 19, so it's strange but cool to be playing and loving games made before my birth.

I'm really interested in analog photography, records, travel, Japan, books, and older video games.

I guess that's all. I hope I can become a member of the community here, and I'm looking forward to good times ahead.

nintendodork

Quote from: yobikata on January 10, 2012, 09:29:45 pm
I'm really interested in analog photography, records, travel, Japan, books, and older video games.
Hey, look at that; 6 for 6! :D Welcome Byron!
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

yobikata

fredJ

A welcome to:
VenomMacbeth
DerZocker
and
yobikata
!!
;)
Glad you have all started posting .
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

Duke.Togo

I regularly post over on rfgeneration.com, as well as occasionally on DP and Nintendo Age. I had someone suggest taking a look here as I build my modest Famicom collection.

I've been a game collector for some time, focusing primarily on NES. After picking up a Famicom somewhat recently and some games I am looking forward to picking up some more gems that never made it to the US.

Jedi Master Baiter

Welcome to the forum, Duke.Togo. ;D I hope you will have a pleasant experience here, & I wish you the best of luck in your collecting. :)

And thank you for not killing me. :D

famifan

greetings from russia!

i would like to introduce myself, i'm alex.
i'd joined to the forum a couple of days ago and found it really enjoyable!

i'm interested in old retro 8-bit games/console, especially Famicom.
here is my little collection http://ompldr.org/vYmFpNQ/total.xls (to view it you need OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice or Microsoft office suit)

thanks a lot!