April 19, 2024, 02:46:16 pm

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancakes

Hello from Canada everyone.

I'm Tom or Pancakes you can call me what you wish, I joined the forum to learn more about the famicom since I only have north american consoles and hope to learn lots more and hopefully one day acquire a famicom!  :yoshi:

I've been in love with 8 bit games since I first played Super Mario Bros. for NES as a child and have started collecting more and more over the past few months.

This seems like a good community and I hope to learn a lot from you guys!  :mario:

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: famifan on January 22, 2012, 05:25:07 am
here is my little collection http://ompldr.org/vYmFpNQ/total.xls (to view it you need OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice or Microsoft office suit)

You got Wily Wars!

That is one of the most intriguing Mega Man compilations because of the Wily Tower stages.

The Game Gear Mega Man is also intriguing, but for different reasons. :P

Quote from: Pancakes on January 25, 2012, 03:36:05 pm
I'm Tom or Pancakes you can call me what you wish, I joined the forum to learn more about the famicom since I only have north american consoles and hope to learn lots more and hopefully one day acquire a famicom!  :yoshi:

I've been in love with 8 bit games since I first played Super Mario Bros. for NES as a child and have started collecting more and more over the past few months.

Welcome, Tomcakes! We here at FW wish our users to be cautious before plunging in to the deep bowels of Masayuki Uemura's Family Computer...

So I recommend a Sharp C1 that way if you don't like the Famicom atleast you still have a TV! ;D

famifan

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on January 26, 2012, 12:30:26 am
Quote from: famifan on January 22, 2012, 05:25:07 am
here is my little collection http://ompldr.org/vYmFpNQ/total.xls (to view it you need OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice or Microsoft office suit)

You got Wily Wars!

That is one of the most intriguing Mega Man compilations because of the Wily Tower stages.

The Game Gear Mega Man is also intriguing, but for different reasons. :P

no, i haven't got it :'(, just added it to my wishlist page.

Jedi Master Baiter

famifan

January 30, 2012, 03:25:08 am #889 Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:35:53 am by famifan
Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on January 29, 2012, 11:52:39 pm
That was a wishlist list? :-

that file is the multi sheet document, and yes, it contains the wishlist sheet too.
you should be able to choose another sheet, right above status bar. Pic related

Post Merge: January 30, 2012, 03:35:53 am

and i should receive massive package with famicarts within a couple of days, so it is better to wait for some days until i update it.

Jedi Master Baiter

Oh! I see it now.

Zoga Mega Drive, eh? ???

famifan

that is Mega Drive chinese clone produced by ZOGA (DongGuan Dewei Electronic Co., LTD.)
http://www.playerscn.com/productsshow.asp?pid=862&ClassCode=1005 (but mine don't sporting cute ZOGA label, it has no label at all.)

turkishproverb

Hi.  turkishproverb.  I've been a long time lover of several old famicom games and japanese games in general, to say nothing of odd homebrew games.  I'd been meaning to join up here for a while so I could ask some advice on starting a collection, but the even that finally got me to do it was a friend needing advice.  My game collection isn't huge, and my japanese games are all playstation, handheld, and Superfamicom at the moment.  Used to have a couple famicom carts, but things happened.

Glad I joined though.  You guys seem helpful, and I've got a place to keep an ear out for intersting old games.

Parodius Duh

Quote from: turkishproverb on February 01, 2012, 07:31:20 pm
Hi.  turkishproverb.  I've been a long time lover of several old famicom games and japanese games in general, to say nothing of odd homebrew games.  I'd been meaning to join up here for a while so I could ask some advice on starting a collection, but the even that finally got me to do it was a friend needing advice.  My game collection isn't huge, and my japanese games are all playstation, handheld, and Superfamicom at the moment.  Used to have a couple famicom carts, but things happened.

Glad I joined though.  You guys seem helpful, and I've got a place to keep an ear out for intersting old games.

Are you actually from Turkey?

treismac

Hello!  My name is Travis and I was sent here from Digital Press by Parodius Duh!, who recommended that I check out Famicom World's forum, seeing as a good bit of my questions are NES/Famicom related.  My retro gaming interest is strongest in the NES/Famicom, SNES, and TurboGrafx-16, and I've also been known to play newer games on occasion as well. 

Anyway, I'm glad to be on board!   ;D

Parodius Duh

treismac

I tell you what, Pardoius Duh!, all of the awesome Famicom Disk emoticons on FW working on mu subconscious mind are going to make not buying a Famicom Disk System impossible!   :D

DowntimeinJapan

Hello all!

I currently live in Japan, Tochigi for now, to be exact. I am now on my 3rd year here. I am originally from New York. On the weekdays I am a human tape recorder (English teacher) and on the weekends I try and game as much as I can inbetween social events and in my downtime. I have been collecting for about a year now I suppose. I will have to put up some pictures of my stash soon. Systems I own are: Famicom, Famicom AV, SNES, 64, Wii, Sega Genesis 2, Sega Saturn, PSX (the dvr model not ps1), ps3, psp, ds. I mostly focus on famicom and enjoy trying to hunt down carts that I like at used stores.

Jedi Master Baiter

I was wondering if you were really in Japan!

manuel

How's the weather in Tochigi?
If you ever come to the Fukuyama (Hiroshima) area, let me know.  ;)

I want to be a full-time tape recorder myself, but I'm not a native English speaker, so that's out of the question. And the demand for my mother language (German) isn't high enough to get a permanent position.  :'(