March 28, 2024, 02:46:33 pm

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

son_ov_hades

232stinger

May 11, 2012, 04:33:20 pm #961 Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:26:13 pm by 232stinger
Hi my name is Nick I am a full time college student majoring in computer information systems.  I have been gaming since the 90's.  My first video that I remember and console was Deja Vu on the NES (front loader of course).  I would always get stuck or arrested or killed when the woman in the coat confronted me, years later I looked up a walk through for it, and it turns out you only have to hit her to proceed (what kind of message does that send? Geez Nintendo  ;D )  Then I also had a Super Nintendo, but I didn't have that many games for it for whatever reason (I ended up selling it to Game Crazy when I was about 10 for 12 bucks >:(  Stupid me. )  Then I got a PS1 and the rest is history.  Below is a picture of my NES collection as well as my consoles (not pictured are my Wii, NES, and PS2 )  I have just found Pinball with a converter the other day so now I'm ready to buy Famicom games as soon as I have the funds to.   :)

Drakon

A vcr?  That's like having a cassette player.

232stinger

You say that like its a bad thing.  ;D Besides, its an easy coax to av adapter. 

Jedi Master Baiter

Drakon

Quote from: 232stinger on May 11, 2012, 09:41:37 pm
You say that like its a bad thing.  ;D Besides, its an easy coax to av adapter. 

It would be a bad thing if you actually used it.  My VCR I used as a table for a while now it's just on a shelf somewhere.  I guess newer tvs don't take cable coax anymore.  I havn't watched cable tv in forever watching stuff on the internet is much easier.

tonev

I love my vcr it has the best tuner... and i can play RF consoles ( like my mastersystem on AV that way :) )
I am back everyone :)

FamicomFreak

OMG that's interesting info! I need to hunt for VCR NOW!!!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

NintendoKing

I thought everyone used vcrs as RF to AV converters? I have for like 10+ years.

Drakon

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on May 12, 2012, 06:57:56 pm

I stopped using rf in like....the end of the 80s.  Then it was composite for ages until I learned what s-video was and how to get it out of all my favourite consoles.

232stinger

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on May 12, 2012, 03:57:46 am
50 bucks says you'll never beat that Star Voyager. :gamer:

I bet 100 bucks you're right, unless I find myself plagued with insomnia... ::)

FamicomFreak

Quote from: Drakon on May 12, 2012, 07:58:34 pm
Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on May 12, 2012, 06:57:56 pm

I stopped using rf in like....the end of the 80s.  Then it was composite for ages until I learned what s-video was and how to get it out of all my favourite consoles.

What's RF again? lol jk

fami-ave

Hey there!

I've been a long-time lurker until I finally decided to register a couple of months ago and now I'm taking the next step and finally write something.
I'm usually posting on forums like Assemblergames/shmups.com and, to a lesser extent, some Sega Saturn boards under the nickname "ave", which had already been taken here on FC world.

I have to admit, I never grew up with neither the NES or Famicom. When I started collecting games around 8 years ago, I felt some strange attraction towards the NES, however. I think it's because I used to play a lot of GameBoy when I was a kid and I consider the GameBoy a portable NES in aspects of gameplay and simplicity.
Since I collect only Japanese games and I think the package design of the Famicom boxes is amazing, I finally decided to buy my first Famicom in... err, around early 2008. Since then I've accumulated a nice collection of boxed/complete games (condition varies between a bit used and mint) for both FC and FC disk as well a variety of boxed consoles. I like to both play and collect Famicom and I have indeed the goal to own a complete CIB collection at some point in my life (at least of all non-prize titles, but including rereleases) ;D

Needless to say Game Center CX is one of my absolute alltime favorite shows and I watched every episode multiple times. At least the translated ones, the raw episodes are a bit hard to follow and I'm lost with most of the jokes (my Japanese is quite basic), so except if the game really interests me, I stick with the English ones.

Anyway, I think obsessed with Famicom as I am, this could be a place I like. Many fellow FC-fanatics here, it seems  ;D

Oh, and while I'm at it - is there any place where people post their collections (with pictures)? I'd love to see some other Famicom dojos. Few people in the West seem to collect for this console :)

FamicomFreak

Hmmm welcome new member! I hope you enjoy your stay here!! ^_^ You'll have a blast!

fami-ave

Oh, I just noticed - didn't register "a couple of months ago" but 3 years and 3 months ago. Time flies by, eh  ;D

Thx! I think this is a great place, not too many forums where you have more than max. 1-2 other people around who even own a Famicom!