March 29, 2024, 07:28:18 am

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickv

What's up
Use to frequent this group.  Possibly 10 years ago lol.  Sold all my famicom stuff and in past two years got back heavy in to collecting counsels and famicom stuff so here I am.  I missed you
Thanks

MaxXimus

Paaman

Hey guys just joined after someone recommended thus forum to me. It looks pretty cool so far.

Little about myself. I'm 25 and have been Gaming all my life. I mostly collect Neo Geo MVS and PC Engine games. I have a Famicom with some games on it's way to me right now.

Can't wait to contribute and gain a ton of knowledge here.

DecepticonZero

Hi everyone,

Been checking out the site for a few weeks via a friend and I decided to join up myself.  I don't recognize too many familiar faces here, but I've been a long time user at Neo Geo.  I've recently gotten into famicom stuff and this site is a wealth of knowledge.  Thanks in advance to all who answer my forthcoming dumb questions  ;D

HVC-Man

In all seriousness, welcome aboard, nice to see a new face.

MaxXimus

Welcome to the forums! It's always nice to see new faces! Do you have any Famicom related stuff yet? If so check out the show your stash threads! Don't be shy if you're just starting out. I only have a tiny Famicom collrction.

dreamingnoctis

Hi there. Well, I finally decided to start posting after registering a while back.

I'm just getting in to Famicom collecting. I've been in to retrogaming for ages, and finally decided to get a Twin Famicom after spending a few months yearning for one. I'm especially looking forward to getting in to collecting FDS games.

As for other games, I'm currently focused on Vectrex, SNES/SFC, Master System, and Atari (2600 and 7800) collecting.

Hmm...what else?
My other interests are photography, and architecture (which I am pursuing my masters degree in). I also love drawing and sketching.

Well, that's about it. I'm glad to be here!

MaxXimus

Nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums. I'd love to see your SFC collection some time. It's one of my favorite systems.

dreamingnoctis

Thanks!

My collection is fairly small, game-wise. I tend to keep things really lean and focused, just getting the things that I really want. I don't have a lot of space. Still, I have a few things I like. Some Squaresoft games, a visual novel, and a few other things. I'm looking to get more in the future.

MaxXimus

Everyone starts somewhere. I only have maybe 20 SFC games.  I collect for many different systems.

dreamingnoctis

Once I get things a bit cleaned up I will take some photos. The collection could use some better shelving, so I might do something about that in the near future.

Koop

Hey guys, been on the forums for a little bit now but I never took the time to introduce myself...

I grew up with an older brother and sister- my sister had a master system and genesis, and my brother had an NES. Through my childhood I spent many many hours playing NES games. As I grew up I eventually got a Super Nintendo for my birthday one year and it was awesome, a system of my own. Growing up I was always into video games, I've always attended game related events and love being a part of the game community. I've been part of the North East USA arcade scene, attending various east coast gaming events... It's a big part of my identity.

So yeah, I've been playing and 'collecting' games for a very long time. I had moved out of my parents home years ago but had left behind most of my games. Eventually I moved into a new apartment where I had a lot more space to keep my games- so I decided to go back home to my parents home to get my old games back... When I arrived everything was gone. Every game, every console I had left behind- was actually stolen. I can't even begin to tell you everything I had lost, but it was heartbreaking, like someone had stolen my childhood out from under me.

When that happened I was pretty pissed... I wanted my games back, you know? Unfortunately I was pretty much out of luck when it came to getting my original games back. So I decided to start searching. I started locally, joining local facebook game groups and flea markets. I learned very fast that the market for old games had changed, things were ridiculously expensive now. $30+ for a copy of legend of zelda? That makes no sense to me. There were people at flea markets arriving at 6AM just to comb over the whole lot and find games to resell, it was disheartening to say the least. So I decided to look in other places, more facebook groups, forums, etc...

I then started looking into Famicom vs NES games in terms of cost and I was blown away. It became apparent that if I wanted to pay more reasonable (all relative lol) prices I'd want to pick up more JP original titles. I got my first famicom and some games and I just fell in love with the little guy. When I got my working disk system along with zelda and such I thought the expanded audio was awesome. As I started to pick up games from yahoo auctions or amazon and such I found they had so much character. Carts with stickers on them, kids names... It was awesome to find stuff like that, you know these games were played and loved- and that they would continue to be so.

So now here I am, a small famicom collection, a small super famicom collection, all thanks to great members on here.  HVC-Man you've been awesome as well with your translated games, it's awesome to play some english games on my AV Famicom.

At last MAGFest I actually picked up a BVM monitor and was absolutely blown away by RGB on my Super Nintendo. I knew what had to be done- PC Engine and AV Famicom needed to get RGB modded asap. Glad to say they were both being taken care of.  ;D

So now I'm pretty much just lurking/posting everywhere. In a way I am glad things happened this way. Places like Neo-Geo, pcfx forums, famicom world, shmups forum... I don't know if I would've found all these communities if not for what happened to me. Looking forward to being around these places for a while to come.

Thanks guys.

Nuudoru

Hello everyone.

I found this site by a chance today when I was looking into what the Pulseline game line included. Got my hands on a famicom clone and a couple of games last December but didn't get the necessary power source to play it until now. Been a huge fan of retro gaming, especially oldschool Nintendo for a long time and decided to collect famicom just because I'm generally a big fan of japanese games. My collection is really small right now but I hope to improve it by a lot during the year with the help of this forum.

Koop

Quote from: Nuudoru on March 14, 2016, 03:01:49 pm
Hello everyone.

I found this site by a chance today when I was looking into what the Pulseline game line included. Got my hands on a famicom clone and a couple of games last December but didn't get the necessary power source to play it until now. Been a huge fan of retro gaming, especially oldschool Nintendo for a long time and decided to collect famicom just because I'm generally a big fan of japanese games. My collection is really small right now but I hope to improve it by a lot during the year with the help of this forum.

it's a trap run while you can!

Nuudoru

Quote from: Koop on March 15, 2016, 03:13:43 am
Quote from: Nuudoru on March 14, 2016, 03:01:49 pm
Hello everyone.

it's a trap run while you can!

It's too late for me. I already plugged in my famicom and spent an hour playing Wai Wai World. Famicom is good. Famicom is life.