March 28, 2024, 06:30:58 am

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mmmonkey

VegaVegas

Unbelievable who I can see here. How is this even possible that you have been gaming for 40 years but never touched any NES/Famicom game before?? Your website is also a blessing for all consoles modifications

L___E___T

Mmmonkey I recognised your name not from your website but from the early days of Instagram, glad to see you here!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

MaxXimus

hubee

Hello everyone, i'm hubee, i'm nearly 46 and a fan of  good old 8/16 bit games and consoles.
I play on Atari 2600, Famicom, PC-Engine, Megadrive, Super Famicom and a consolized MVS Slot !!
Have a nice day and see you soon on this board !!  :)

famiac

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

P

So you deleted your account?

Well anyway welcome back again! :)

H-Note 5437

Hi!

I am H-Note 5437, the good guy by me! I am interesting on video game questions. :) :redcart:

MaxXimus

Sydsydsyd

Hello Famicom World!! Im Syd, from Argentina. I collect Famicom clone games since 2002. Recently i found this forum. I´m glad to participate and contribute here. Some of my achievements in this area was converting PAL-N famiclone to NTSC and viceversa.
Also, last year i bought an EPROM writer and made like 10 repro carts successfully.
Nice to meet you people, i'm very excited to be here!!  :bub:  :o
Yeah, sure

P

Welcome to Famicom World Syd!

ThisGuy

I am a great video gamer! But i don't spam you! :star:

cyrix

May 08, 2019, 05:59:27 am #1333 Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 06:26:51 am by cyrix
Hiya Folks,

I'm originally from the UK, now living in Japan with my wonderful wife & 2 cats. My wife introduced me to the Famicom and we have many games, perhaps 200 or so now including the disk system(what a brilliant little machine , I love the mechanical nature and somehow archaic technology it has, it's an experience just to use). I thought it might be fun to share some of our favourite games with you lot and share the fun of the famicom!

Our most played game is a pretty obscure one I suspect, softball tengoku from Tonkin house/ Tokyo shoseki made in 1990, a really fun and amusing little title that we found earlier this year and have been addicted to since, single player mode is kinda like most of the fami baseball games, hard to love after a while, always feels like the CPU has the advantage, but multiplayer is superb and how I think it was always meant to be played, rush to choose the best players, (hint frog is a winner on the pond stadium), some charming graphics and characters and some great little touches got to love how the team brings you a bouquet of flowers when you get a home run! we recommend you give it a go.
Another one my wife didn't know as it was after her famicom gaming time is Hello Kitty no Hanabatake(hello kitty's garden shop), this is a really fun and unique little platform game where you have to water the flowers till they bloom and produce fruit and hit the monsters with a mallet! It feels somewhat like a taito arcade game, bubble bobble or rainbow islands, but a really fun and perhaps forgotten title you might well enjoy.

Right some of the games my wife loved back when they were current and we still enjoy now are Bird Week, Onyanko town, Son Son, Ikki, ninja kun 1,2,3, route 16 turbo, Gegege no kitaro yokai daimakyo, Q Taro wan wan panic, Tokaido 53, Valkyrie no bouken amonst many more.

Disk games we really enjoy are Kaettekita Mario bros, Yuu maze, Nazo no Kabe: Block-kuzushi, the adventures of chatran and Gall force.
Anyhow just thought it would be fun to share this with you all, we have so much fun with the famicom and hope can spread the joy to others!

Best,

Cyix

Post Merge: May 08, 2019, 06:26:51 am

Oh, a couple of my favourites I forgot to mention, SD Gundam Hero Soukessen , it can be bloody hard but it's pretty fun and well worth having a look at, cheap and common as muck too!
Also Ultraman Club Kaiju Daikessen, a really fun platformer that follows the old TV theme pretty well and is lots of fun an not too hard(yes we have been watching the original ultraman 1966 series on bluray and also have ultraseven to watch too!), I'm a total sucker for kaiju stuff so these two are irresistible.

I also enjoyed the Godzilla for the famicom too, it can be a bit unwieldy at times but is a fun game to give a try, mothra should do much more damage though I think.

Morgone

Hello! I am a newbie here  :bub: nice to meet everyone