March 28, 2024, 05:52:06 pm

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

MaxXimus

O always thought it was pronounces new clear. But yeah, nucular.

UglyJoe

Quote from: MaxXimus on February 06, 2008, 08:16:54 pm
O always thought it was pronounces new clear. But yeah, nucular.

:D :D :D

manuel

Mr. Gimmick

Hey I'm Mr. Gimmick from NintendoAge. I decided to join here after popibros informed me of the site. Very cool site you have here, glad to be a member of Famicom World :) !
I want your CIB PAL Gimmick!
http://mrgimmick.proboards80.com/index.cgi

133MHz

MaxXimus

Welcome to the boards. Hope you find what ever it is you are looking for here, along with a bunch of stuff you never even dreamed of finding. :)

manuel

Well... welcome I guess.  :D
That's not a very detailed self introduction, though.  ;)

MaxXimus

knekten

Hi everybody!
My name is Simon and I live in Norway.
Had a NES when I was a kid and loved it. Bought a Famicom and some games when I was i Japan this January.
I'm facinated by the retro world. It was so cool to see all the game systems at Super Potato (or how you translate it).

manuel

Welcome to the boards, Simon. I hope you enjoy your stay. :)
Super Potato is a very nice store indeed. :D

Har the cat

Intergalactic cat says: Is this planet Earth?

JC

Cool to see new members! Thanks guys! :D

ericj

February 29, 2008, 11:50:35 pm #238 Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 12:29:39 pm by ericj
Guess I should introduce myself since I've been perusing the site for 6 months or so. My name is Eric.

I'm a 29 y/o guy living in Portland, Oregon. I  guess it all started for me when I got a NES when I was 6 back in 1985. I didn't really play much other than 10 games back then. About  a year ago I was bored on a rainy day and went to a used store here in Portland and picked up a NES.  A few months later I was looking in a Goodwill and ran across a pirate system that looked like something that I saw on ebay. I didn't at first know for sure, but looked it up online later that night and saw it was a Famiclone. So, I went back and paid the $2.99 and bought it even though I had not a single famicom cart. I started looking into the Famicom online and here I am, 8 months later and have a real Famicom, Twin Famicom, 3D goggles, Family Trainer, and about 60 carts and 7 disks. It's for sure a strange obsession.

Umm, guess I should say something about muself--haha--about me... I speak fluent Spanish, work in the insurance industry, and have a background in political science, nutrition, and personal training.  I also own the Gamecube & N64.

JC

Welcome, dude. You've built yourself up a pretty respectable collection. You're right that it becomes a strange obession. I don't get why I like this stuff so much, but I do...