March 29, 2024, 08:42:33 am

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GringoJB

Hey there!

Just wanted to say "hi" since I'm new... this seems like a pretty cool group of folk!  I've been checking out FW for the last week or so for some FDS info, since I'm finally getting one at some point in the next week or so, and I wanted to check out the forums, too!

Anyway, I've had a Famicom for a little while now, and I've been a pretty rabid Nintendo fan/collector for pretty much forever.  Hope to talk to you guys soon!

Sensei

Quote from: GringoJB on July 31, 2008, 08:12:58 am
Hey there!

Just wanted to say "hi" since I'm new... this seems like a pretty cool group of folk!  I've been checking out FW for the last week or so for some FDS info, since I'm finally getting one at some point in the next week or so, and I wanted to check out the forums, too!

Anyway, I've had a Famicom for a little while now, and I've been a pretty rabid Nintendo fan/collector for pretty much forever.  Hope to talk to you guys soon!

Welcome!  I'm pretty new here too.  But these guys are great and know a lot about what they are talking about.  Friendly to boot.  You will like it here.
Buy retro games from Japan www.risingstuff.com

GringoJB

Quote from: Sensei on July 31, 2008, 06:18:36 pm
Welcome!  I'm pretty new here too.  But these guys are great and know a lot about what they are talking about.  Friendly to boot.  You will like it here.

Sweet!  That's cool to hear... I checked out your site and liked it a lot, so it's awesome to get a greeting from the man himself  :D  Catch you soon!

Zombie

Quote from: FamicomJL on April 22, 2007, 08:01:15 pm
Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on April 22, 2007, 05:47:19 pm
Are you anti-female, FJL? You lured Emily away as well.  I think your bad PR. :P

One day we'll find a female that actually knows what this site is about...one day, :P.

And over a year later... that day has come.

I'm Melly, and I'm from Australia- the country that seems to get shafted constantly when it comes to video games. I grew up with a NES and SNES and nothing else until a couple of years ago, so they were very much a big part of my gaming life (and have a lot of great memories attached to them!)

Not much else to say about me, I'm still pretty young, I work part time at a game store and I'll hopefully do a traineeship as a network admin next year. I spend my day playing video games and reading about video games, so this is a perfect forum for me :p

I'm here mostly to learn odd bits, make some friends and hear about some games that I ought to have played ;)

Hmm... That's all! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all :D

133MHz

son_ov_hades

Welcome. I think we have one or two women somewhere around lol.

JC

Welcome. I've found some great pirated Famicom stuff on Australian eBay and my friend in Japan is Australian, so I've had some luck with Australia.

wentle85

Hey, I'm Brent. I found this site about a week ago and it's helped me out alot. I  just bought a Twin and it's on it's way right now. I'm really interested in the Disk format and i'm starting a collection. I've been getting tired of the games coming out on my PS3 and what not so I started looking for a NES on ebay, saw some Famicom's and figured why not go for something really interesting. Here's what i've got coming soon.

System:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170243586638&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=007

Games:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170244878282&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=007

I also have a copy of AKUMAJOU DRACULA (Disk/Loose), NAZO NO MURASAMEJOU (CIB), Argus(loose), and Tetris Bullet (looose) coming from toysonlinehk. 

I kinda went over the top for jsut starting out but I figured since i'm only a college student and work at Gamestop I should stock up on some games while I can because it will be a while before I can afford to expand my collection anymore.

So Hello again, it's good to meet all of you.

JC

Welcome! The Disk System is an interesting way to start. I'd be kinda curious to know how many people start their Family Computer gaming with the Disk System instead of the Famicom.

wentle85

For me it's a combination of liking vintage gaming and  liking weird, defunct, yet useful technology. The FDS fits the bill. I also collect Laserdiscs if that explains anything. It's only stuff that you can use though. If it's just going to sit there and look neat I might want it but I won't buy it.

Sensei

Quote from: wentle85 on August 08, 2008, 10:12:23 pm
For me it's a combination of liking vintage gaming and  liking weird, defunct, yet useful technology. The FDS fits the bill. I also collect Laserdiscs if that explains anything. It's only stuff that you can use though. If it's just going to sit there and look neat I might want it but I won't buy it.

Yeah, I'm a LaserDisc collector too.  Still can't figure out why.  The more obscure the better.  I bet on day I'll collect HD-DVDs for the same reason.  What a weird guy I am...
Buy retro games from Japan www.risingstuff.com

wentle85

I know what you mean, I'll be buying them too and talking about how great of a format it really was even though i've always been pro blu ray myself. I haven't sunk to BetaMax yet though. I'm not that crazy of a collector.

JC

Welcome! I think that makes you our third member from Argentina.

FamicomFreak

It's great to have more people that live in South America posting here. Welcome!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

133MHz

Quote from: Shinryuu on August 28, 2008, 12:15:31 pm
I live in Argentina but im Uruguayan, Im studying Swedish and I speak Portuguese.

OMFG @_@
BTW Welcome! ;D