April 20, 2024, 01:25:17 am

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

Wow, you must be our first member from Africa. :o
Well, welcome to the forums.  :D I hope you like it here.

FamicomFreak

Wow awesome! Welcome to the forums and hope you enjoy it.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

JC

Nice...I'd love to know more about Famicom gaming in Botswana. We don't have another member from Africa; I'd always assumed the Famicom (clones) somehow skipped that continent.

DLX

Hi everybody, I like to introduce myself here on this forum. I'm from the Netherlands and played on my NES when I was young. I've been born in 1982, so I like retro 8-bit classic and I realy respect them :)

I'm collecting Famicom games for 1 year now. Have a collection of about 50 games, loose, boxed, disks and NES games. I realy like the Japan versions of Metroid, Kid Icarus (savegames :)) and the USA only games like StarTropics II.

The system I play with is the Twin Famicom with turbo buttons (lazy I know ;), well sometimes) and I have a converter to play NES games with it. I have also a PAL Game Genie and a Gold Honey Bee.

I will post scans of my stuff soon, also to show the great combination of a JAP converter + Game Genie + NES game to play on this a Twin Famicom with cheats. I will try to test a JAP converter + Game Genie + Honey Bee + JAP game to cheat my Famicom games ;) (or someone likes to offer a JAP Game Genie I saw on this forum :))

I also have a database called collectorz.com with all my games (including scans), so maybe one day I will share it!

PS. Don't know if this is the right place/subtopic to introduce myself, but it's nice to meet ya all!

FamicomFreak

Hey welcome new member it's great to have more people join these forums! I think we would all love to see photos of your collection. Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay here. Famicom Rocks!

Nickv

hello everybody
i'm not new but ive been away for a while (busy busy busy) anyways i'm back looking through the forum at stuff i missed, that's it, nice to see all is well

Evil

Hello everyone. I'm new here (as You see ;p). I'm from Poland. First of all - I just want to say sorry for my bad english :p I hope You can understand me.

I played a lot of Famicom games when i was young. Unfortunately i sold my console and all of  games (please don't kill me ;p), when I get my first PC. Shame on me :( (now i have to play on emulators, i've got my own website about nes/famicom emulation, but it's only in polish language ;p <thanks god>).

My favourite game is Mega Man 3 (i also like Summer Carnival'92 - Recca). Except old games i love music too (especially rock).

Greetings and sorry for my english once again ;D

manuel

Welcome!
You are our second member from Poland.  :)
How's the weather over there?

FamicomFreak

Welcome Polish friend. I hope you have a great time in the forums!

Evil

November 13, 2008, 10:16:22 am #354 Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 10:35:52 am by Evil
Quote from: manuel on November 13, 2008, 06:20:39 am
You are our second member from Poland.  :)

Who was first? :) Is he still "active" on this forum?

Quote from: manuel on November 13, 2008, 06:20:39 am
How's the weather over there?

The weather is just great  ;> Cold, rain and strong wind - standard polish autumn ;p

@FamicomFreak thank You :)

ed. ok, i've found the second polish member (siudym) :)

JC

Nice. I see FW's drunk Disk-kun has made it to Poland!

Evil

Quote from: JC on November 13, 2008, 10:38:11 am
Nice. I see FW's drunk Disk-kun has made it to Poland!

Try to "click him" ;)

manuel

Quote from: Evil on November 13, 2008, 10:16:22 am
The weather is just great  ;> Cold, rain and strong wind - standard polish autumn ;p

Hey, that's the same as the usual weather in Germany.
Good thing I moved to Japan.  ;D
It's warm and cozy out there.

JC

Quote from: manuel on November 13, 2008, 05:02:02 pm
Good thing I moved to Japan.  ;D
It's warm and cozy out there.

What's the weather like in JP in early Feb.?

manuel

If you are in the south, chances are good it's already quite warm.