April 19, 2024, 08:55:55 pm

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Trium Shockwave

There's no need to replace it unless it starts giving you problems. However, if you see any around for puchase, it's not a bad idea to buy them while you can.

ckenda1

Quote from: jimhmphry on January 28, 2009, 02:26:37 pm
just to be safe  ???should i order a new drive belt before i get the disk drive because it dosn't state when it was last changed . or should i use it  until it  breaks then worrie about it?i think they are some what hard to come by

Quote from: Trium Shockwave on January 28, 2009, 02:49:02 pm
There's no need to replace it unless it starts giving you problems. However, if you see any around for puchase, it's not a bad idea to buy them while you can.

I have belts regularly in my store for $12 each.  I am out currently, but have 5 more coming in the next 7-10 days.

They are pretty easy to replace, but I'd agree with Trium, buy them when you can, but don't replace it if it is working.

Thanks!

mobiusclimber

Um, yeah, I'm new. Basically followed hades from risingstuff over here cuz I WANT SOME SWEET PIRATE CARTS! :D

Other than that... what else to say? I have an AV Fami & FDS set up, just got into imports fairly recently. (I also have a Saturn & PC Engine/CD & Hello Kitty Dreamcast for import systems).
Proud owner of Super Smash Games in Tacoma and Seattle

son_ov_hades

Nice to see you made your way over here mobiusclimber. I have a feeling you'll like it.

mobiusclimber

Thanks. I'm sure I will. I <3 the Fami, soooo many RPGs...

nintendodork

I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

mobiusclimber

Quote from: nintendodork on January 31, 2009, 03:13:20 pm
Hades works at Risingstuff ???

No, he's just a member of the forums. He posted a pic of the pirate he got on here and... I really want to get into collecting pirate carts. :)

Paul-FC

welcome mobiusclimber enjoy the forums

son_ov_hades

Quote from: nintendodork on January 31, 2009, 03:13:20 pm
Hades works at Risingstuff ???

Not anymore than you work at famicomshop.com  :P. Seriously though, I have no affiliation with them I just think they're cool guys and have a good store.

nintendodork

That's exactly what I think of FS
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Brandimer

February 02, 2009, 11:12:34 am #430 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:36:03 pm by Brandimer
Greatings

Hi there!! new guy here, im carlos From Chile, I love old games and im a collector too, I have some rares that my friend 133mhz Its analyzing (like my twinhead pc-100), he is gonna make a review for u guys, nice to meet you and see u arrounddddd.. :)

Brandimer OUT...

133MHz

Welcome! ;D You finally got around to posting something here ::) :P

FamicomFreak

Welcome new member enjoy your stay !
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

shoggoth80

February 14, 2009, 08:39:07 am #433 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 09:47:13 am by shoggoth80
Hey everyone. I am brand new to the site.
Just wanted to say hello, and briefly introduce myself, as I see that as the courteous thing to do when signing up on a new forum. IF there are any Atariage members on here, I post over there too, but with a different screen name, as my AA account is quite old.

Pretty big fan of the Famicom, naturally, or why else would I be here. Just starting to get into collecting for it though. At the moment I only have about 8 games, though looking to up that number in the very near future.

I own a small handful of clones, and a second gen (black with red highlights) Sharp Twin Famicom. Though the Sharp doesn't get as much play time, since it is boxed, and in really nice shape.... it's more like one of those centerpieces of a collection that you have a way of being quite proud of. I also own an older Micro Genius clone. I own the only one I have ever found for sale :P I really like it too though, as it is one of those odd, interesting pieces of gaming history... a clone from before they starting using heavy NOACs. Different, but definitely neat. Got a couple N64 controller styles, and one of the Penguin clones with the Infrared controllers (actually a pretty good controller for a clone).

I have been playing games for about as long as I can recall, and collecting actively for about 6 years. This is my branch out into the non-domestic gaming sector though. Fun fun fun!

Good times all!

*sorry mods, it's early where I am at (well, for me), and I missed the introduction thread. I don't mean to burden you with my carelessness... but if you feel it appropriate, please move this post.

*Had to correct some typos. Yeah, sure felt early :P

nintendodork

Hey shoggoth!  You posted in the right place, now anyway, ;)
What games do you have for the Famicom so far?

Also...
Quote from: shoggoth80 on February 14, 2009, 08:39:07 am
AA
lol