April 24, 2024, 06:44:37 pm

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

an-cat-max

so many young users! i feel old and i'm 19 :|

nensondubois

Well, I'm back. This time for good; sorry for having the little rant but well, that's life, and shit happens. 8)

I've have been spending my time hacking games and such...
Here's something you may find interesting.
http://wiki.rustedlogic.net/Tetris_%26_Dr._Mario

noisewave

November 01, 2010, 06:12:04 pm #707 Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:57:43 pm by noisewave
Hi everyone!
Greetings from Chile! 133Mhz and Strider_Hiryu introduced me to the forum and here I am! I have been a Famicom fan and collector for about 2 years now and a NES player since almost all my life.
I love pretty much everything about Famicom culture and I'm looking forward to share some lines with you guys in the future.
And also like Strider_Hiryu said: I apologize if my English is not quite good sometime.
From a far away land...

son_ov_hades

Viva Chile! I love your country. Welcome, you'll find all kinds of good things here.

botulismo

I suppose I should say hi on this thread too. I've been around for about a week. I don't remember how I stumbled on it, but this forum is a rare find. You guys are very nice, helpful, and you're all interested in topics I find incredibly interesting. I've been looking for a place where people are interested in all things 8 bit Nintendo and also interested and knowledgeable about pirate cartridges and backup units.

I've been a NES player since I was very young. Before that I played games on the Texas Instruments 99/4a and the Atari 5200 (My first console.) After the SNES and the disappointment of the Virtual Boy, I got out of console gaming until getting a PS2 only 4 or 5 years ago; I have to admit I was turned off mainly by the focus on the primitive 3D graphics of the Playstation/N64/Saturn generation. In my own personal opinion, I felt like they should have focused on 2D games with 3D effects added on while waiting for the technology to mature. Anyway, that's just my personal opinion, and I respect it if others don't share it! I live currently in the Southwestern US in the Sonoran Desert, and I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. I also have a habit of writing too much when I'm making posts, so uh, bear with me.

Thanks for being here!
Check out my blog at http://blog.thewombat.org - I review flash carts and other stuff!

NintendoKing

Welcome, botulismo;  our new friend! I love the NES also, and thats what interested me in the Famicom. Anyone whom likes NES will get a new fix out of Famicom gaming and its a very pleasant one.

inergy

Hello everyone, my name is inergy.  My full name is mynd inergy for those who might care.  Im a MC on a mission and working very hard on my first EP right now.  Im a big fan of oldskool gamimg and own quite a collection of some fami stuff myself.  Im looking forward to selling some of my collection at the buy/sell/trade section of theses forums for affordable prices.  Im glad to be here at this great forum and I look forward to getting to know those of you who frequent it.

-Salome

ericj

November 11, 2010, 04:04:23 pm #712 Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:16:36 pm by ericj
Welcome! But your name isn't really "Mind Energy" sic, now is it?   :P

http://www.1729.com/blog/PrinciplesOfMindEnergy.html
QuoteMind Energy is a useful concept that helps to explain the interaction between volition (or "willpower") and feelings.

EDIT: Added sic

inergy

yeah, my name isnt "Mind Energy" my name is "mynd inergy" well, that's my MC name anyway.  As for, the name on my birth certificate, I don't honestly consider that my true name.  I never really thought the conventional system of choosing your childrens name before they have done/said anything really represents the individual.  I still though, go by this name, regardless though--I always held this in the back of my mynd.  I always felt that all those names that everyone shares are extremely unoriginal and hope to see a planet one day where we can value the indivual as much as possible.  So uh, yeah my name is mynd inergy, or whatever I would want it to be, because of all things--what you call yourself strongly defines who you are

ericj

If you feel that strongly about it, you can legally change your name.

I personally believe that actions and peoples' perception more strongly define who one is as an individual than a name does. Names associate us with others with the same surname and speak to a heritage, culture, or country of origin. Changing that is in essence deleting part of one's identity and heritage.

How I view someone saying:
Quote from: inergy on November 11, 2010, 03:52:54 pmHello everyone, my name is inergy.  My full name is mynd inergy for those who might care.
is that that person is a bit egotistical, self-absorbed, and arrogant.  I assume you put it out there so people would get an idea of who you are, or maybe look you up as an artist. So I wanted to explain how I perceived it, which is, I'm sure, not how you intended it to be taken.

inergy

Of course, I don't want to be percieved as self abosrbed, egotistical and arrogant. Infact, all of those human features are things I strive towards removing from myself and others around me.  I feel as though I work for the benefit of the fellow humans I share this land with, not for myself.  That of course, is under the judgement of those who percieve my actions though.  So yeah, I may one day legally change my name, but the name "mynd inergy" is not a name that I feel represents me, it represents everyone.  Particuarily it represents the subject matter of my lyrics and the amazing potentional all of our "mynd's" hold as humans.  True, our name's say alot about our genetic heritage, but in many ways names, languages, borders, religions and seperate ways of thinking all just fuel to our planets seperationism.  I hope to see a world one day when we can get past thing man made differances and see that were all here, together, sharing this planet, learning, together. Im glad to see the level upon which you read into my introduction because that says alot about you, it's always great to see fellow humans critically thinking.  I'll definately make sure to shoot you my album when it's finished, hopefully you can appreciate true lyricism, unlike the many blinded people who believe music is only as good as how hypnotizing the beat is.  Thanks you for also showing me that informing article, it was a very great read

saalome brother

ericj

I like your philosophy and I'd love to hear some of your music.  :)

I recently read an article about rap lyrics, Listening To Rap For The First Time, With A Book Critic. It's an interesting read and something I'm sure you'd appreciate.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/2010/11/04/131063935/listening-to-the-anthology-of-rap

botulismo

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on November 11, 2010, 02:33:21 pm
Welcome, botulismo;  our new friend! I love the NES also, and thats what interested me in the Famicom. Anyone whom likes NES will get a new fix out of Famicom gaming and its a very pleasant one.

Thanks Gremlin. Gremlin's been very helpful at answering my questions and I appreciate it. I timed my joining with getting my Twin Famicom so I'm really just a beginner. I learned some things through reading online and I've been looking forward to it for a while. The last time I almost bought one was when I was trying to decide either a PowerPak or a Twin Famicom. I figured the PowerPak was destiny because they tend to run out of them often and I checked the page when I was trying to make my decision and I got the PowerPak. No regrets though, I think the PowerPak whetted my appetite, but at the same time it sort of overwhelmed me - it's sort of confusing to just have the entire library of games available on one cartridge. You just don't know what to pick. It makes going through various cartridges and tracking things down seem more appealing. I'm also really looking forward to trying every disk system game I can get my hands on.
Check out my blog at http://blog.thewombat.org - I review flash carts and other stuff!

guineapig64

I just joined Famicom World today and so far I'm really liking the site! :)

I'm guineapig64 and some of you may know from some other forums I'm on.  I am a big fan of Nintendo and I'm also a really huge fan of Super Mario.  I own quite a lot of Nintendo systems as well as an Atari 2600 and a Sega Genesis.  I recently got myself a Famicom but I'm having some trouble with it at the moment (you may have read about it in the Repair And Technical Assistance topic) so if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

I look forward to meeting everyone and making some new friends!

NintendoKing

Welcome to Famicom World, guineapig64!
I hope that you enjoy your time with us, and if you have any questions whatsoever please ask for assistance as we know our stuffs!
-UG