March 28, 2024, 05:39:54 am

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VGMStudios

hello all
guess i should introduce myself.
im VGMStudios. worlds largest Metroid collector and fan.  ;D
ive been a nintendo fan all my life. I also customize consoles.
if interested in looking at what i do look up VGMStudios33 on youtube to see all of my wii customs.
hope to have some fun.

cheers

ps. interested in seeing my collection?  pm me.

VGM out...

NintendoKing

Welcome VGMStudios,

I have only ever played original Metroid on NES and Metroid II on Gameboy, so I have not much information on the videogames but I am sure we all would enjoy seeing pictures of your collection.

Its also very cool that you mod consoles, other then Wii what else do you mod?

I really hope you enjoy your stay here, and feel free to ask any questions about Famicom you can think of within reason.

-UG

Jedi Master Baiter

November 15, 2010, 06:49:47 pm #722 Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:52:42 am by Jedi QuestMaster
You've played Metroid & Metroid II?! :o

Have you played them through the end?

NintendoKing

Jedi QuestMaster, I wish... Honestly they seem quite hard to me. Maybe I just don't play them well, Gameboy Metroid II is especially hard.

VGMStudios

Thanks for the warm wishes The Uninvited Gremlin. You are the only one that welcomed me here. :)

The first 2 Metroid games can be tough for beginners they seem to get easier after 2.
Super Metroid is my favorite game. You should try it and Zero Mission.
I also customized my PC. I cut out the Samus symbol onto the side of the case and Samus on top. Took me 2 years to do. I have pictures if you are interested.

I also can customize other consoles but no one has ever wanted me to, so I have nothing to show for those. Only Wii's ATM.

If you would like to see my collection, please PM me.
I am all too new to the Famicom scene so if I ever think of anything I will be sure to ask.

VGM out...

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on November 15, 2010, 06:56:15 pm
Metroid II is especially hard.

I can understand not beating Metroid I.  I still haven't really played it from beginning to end.  I tend to jump around from place to place.  I recommend using the NARPAS SWORD password or Game Genie, with all items you need & beat it from there.

As for Metroid II, yeah - that's a tough one.  It was a bit frustrating for me, getting lost in the many reused areas.  But this game is linear - if you keep playing it, you'll beat it eventually.  What took me a while to understand was the that the "tunnel area" is like a main lobby.  You have to keep going back to it every time the "water" subsides.

petik1

Quote from: VGMStudios on November 17, 2010, 04:46:22 am
I also customized my PC. I cut out the Samus symbol onto the side of the case and Samus on top. Took me 2 years to do. I have pictures if you are interested.

Pictures please!

VGMStudios

Quote from: petik1 on November 17, 2010, 11:16:47 am
Quote from: VGMStudios on November 17, 2010, 04:46:22 am

Pictures please!

;D Sure thing. Enjoy.

If you are wondering why the top of Samus is dark, it because my PSU was in the way. So it block the light from going through.
I have since updated my Tower so I still need to transfer these to the new PC tower.

VGM out...

NintendoKing

That's awesome, the cuts look really clean also. And yes I think when I first arrived I may have had 1 or 2 welcomes myself, lol.

petik1

You sir, will fit in here fine!

And I never got welcomed!

Wait, did I ever introduce myself?

Jedi Master Baiter

VGMStudios

Thanks petik1 :)
I dont think JQM likes me very much... :/

VGM out...

Jedi Master Baiter

November 17, 2010, 05:08:22 pm #732 Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 05:13:38 pm by Jedi QuestMaster
Why do you think I don't like you? ???

Did I say anything? :(

Edit: Oh yeah, I wanted to try out that Metroid on my Famicom. :-\

I wasn't even planning on keeping it for too long.  I'm pretty sure you'll die holding onto it. :P

FamicomFreak

Welcome to the forum! I r back!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Jedi Master Baiter