April 19, 2024, 02:16:05 pm

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UglyJoe

Quote from: klax on August 15, 2011, 05:41:26 am
Quote from: UglyJoe on August 14, 2011, 09:08:30 am
Flipull is an exciting cube game.

Exciting Cube Game? What are you, the back of the box?

No, I'm the front label of the cartridge.  And the title screen.

klax

Quote from: UglyJoe on August 15, 2011, 06:06:42 am
Quote from: klax on August 15, 2011, 05:41:26 am
Quote from: UglyJoe on August 14, 2011, 09:08:30 am
Flipull is an exciting cube game.

Exciting Cube Game? What are you, the back of the box?

No, I'm the front label of the cartridge.  And the title screen.

Zing!

That Guy from Faxanadu

Hi!
I live in Sweden and I bought an AV Famicom this year. I play games for most systems, but the majority of my collection is Nintendo 8-bit.

klax

Hey TGFF! I hope you have fun and learn alot here at Famicom world!

Drakon

Hi I've actually had an account here for years and posted just once in a blue moon.  I modify famicoms / nes systems.  And of course I collect too.  Here's the nes / famicom related mods I've done that I can remember doing

lockout chip disable in the nes

permanently wired up 72 pin sockets to toaster nes systems so they work as a top loader

made repro carts using burned eproms

swapped the maskrom from a dead famicom cart into a cheap donor to revive the game

done a few different "stereo sound" mods

added authentic rgb / s-video to av famicoms, the nes 2, and a toaster nes, using rp2c03b ppu chips taken from playchoice arcade boards

modified my nes to famicom adapter to have the powerpak extended audio mixing into the famicom circuit
also modified my nes to famicom adapter to support 100% of nes games (there's some connections they forgot to wire up)

removed the rf box and back plate from my nes 2 and installed the back plate from an av famicom into the nes 2 and added a multi av port to the nes 2

Changed the LED in my toaster to a blue LED

Swapped out chips in av famicoms and nes systems that make the rgb modified system work with a powerpak

Built a pad hack so I can use my 200$ arcade stick on a nes / famicom

I got so flooded with commission orders I taught a modding friend how to do these mods and gave a bunch of commission jobs to him since I sort of got tired of doing the same mods (I prefer experimenting with new stuff).

Shortly I'll be modifying an original famicom and a sharp twin famicom so I can add rgb and s-video and I'll see how good the picture looks from these systems

certain systems have terrible video interference when you add the rgb chip so I'm modding as many systems as I can to find out which ones look okay and which ones have interference

I have never done any FDS related mods mostly because I hate disks and much prefer just using my powerpak to play fds games

Ka-ToA

Hi , you guys.

I'm Ka-ToA. (you can call me "ka-toa")

i collect games since 2004.

nice to meet you all.  ;D

poppy17

Quote from: Ka-ToA on September 06, 2011, 06:33:33 am
Hi , you guys.

I'm Ka-ToA. (you can call me "ka-toa")

i collect games since 2004.

nice to meet you all.  ;D

nice to meet you ka toa

UglyJoe

Am I the only one reminded of Soh Cah Toa

Welcome to FW, ka-toa!

Ka-ToA

Quote from: UglyJoe on September 06, 2011, 06:55:10 am

Welcome to FW, ka-toa!

;D i was graduated in MATH-STAT , and that's my nick name from.  ;D

Thank you.  ;D

limited_seeker

Quote from: Ka-ToA on September 06, 2011, 07:05:19 am
Quote from: UglyJoe on September 06, 2011, 06:55:10 am

Welcome to FW, ka-toa!

;D i was graduated in MATH-STAT , and that's my nick name from.  ;D

Thank you.  ;D

OMG  just realized it is sin cos tan -*-

RetroSnow

Hey everyone,

Snow here. I'm a retro gamer/collector/youtuber, and the Famicom has become a huge interest of mine lately after coming across my first CIB system a ways back. I had wanted one for ages, but was really picky about condition (since so many out there are yellow/brown nowadays).

I collect and play across a huge variety of consoles too; pretty much anything that I had an attachment to as a kid, and stuff that I never had the chance to play back then. Anyway, I've been looking for a place to hang out and discuss all things Famicom, and here I am!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you guys!
(RetroSnow on YouTube)
http://www.youtube.com/user/snowcon3

Jedi Master Baiter

Hi, RetroSnow!

Your YouTube page looks promising.  Coincidentally, I was just configuring Mad City to play on PocketNES.  It was translated by Pennywise on RHDN.

Game.Genie

Hi guys. My name is Agustìn and I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Famicom Clones and pirate carts have been my thing since I was a 5 year old. They are really really easy to find here in Argentina.
I ended up being a collector when I became a teenager, and having all sorts of Famiclones, pirate carts, Sega clones, Atari clones and licensed consoles and Home Computers that were made in Argentina such as Coleco Vision, Commodore, MSX or Sinclair.

Nowadays I'm starting to offer my services as a middleman for foreign people who would like to buy articles like the ones I've mentioned before on Argentina's eBay: Mercadolibre.com.ar

Nice to meet you all. The forum seems to be pretty good. I promise to participate as much as I can.

:star:

xan_racketboy_fan

Hi everyone, please don't hate me for my obvious love of the [old] SEGA  ;D

I decided to join after coming across this site to learn more about the Famicom (I just received my complete set in the mail yesterday, woohoo!). I love the layout here; it's smart, simple, and full of Famicom love - and the wealth of info is just wonderful. I'm an active member over at racketboy (my favorite all-around retro site, great community) and have completed a handful trades and purchases over there and also participated in our last year's charity auction.

I look forward to learning more about my newly acquired Famicom (I grew up on the NES, then jumping onto the SEGA Genesis), famiclones (really interesting hardware and form factors) and hopefully become accepted here at FW. So with that, "here we go!"

son_ov_hades

Welcome! I too jumped ship to the Genesis during the big console war. :D