Akumajou Dracula Dentsu

Started by trevorbelmont, August 23, 2006, 07:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

I really have to agree with the above statements, which is also why Soap Panic would never sell on eBay unless sold under its NES name: Bubble Bath Babes

featherplucknfilms

JC and JL have good points, I've sold some great Japanese games for next to nothing and lost money on them because majority of American buyers are looking for something familiar, that they understand.  People like things they know but are slightly different, it's really exciting to see something you've grown up playing and loving in a different way.  And as far as popular games going for more in US than in Japan, well of course, that's supply and demand.   And ebay is crazy anyway, one day something will go for twenty bucks and then next it'll go for hundred, ya never know.

Doc

Quote from: featherpluckinfilm on August 31, 2006, 07:42:07 am
JC and JL have good points, I've sold some great Japanese games for next to nothing and lost money on them because majority of American buyers are looking for something familiar, that they understand.  People like things they know but are slightly different, it's really exciting to see something you've grown up playing and loving in a different way.  And as far as popular games going for more in US than in Japan, well of course, that's supply and demand.   And ebay is crazy anyway, one day something will go for twenty bucks and then next it'll go for hundred, ya never know.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that 100%. Especially consider this: How many Famicom game buyers are regular buyers? Unlike with the NES, I never see regular names. I only see Laurent Kermel of vgden.com, besides me. However, sometimes games that came here have a justifiable reason for going for a huge amount of money. Take Abarenbou Tengu, for example. Came to the U.S. as Zombie Nation. I'd love to get a copy of the Japanese version...

trevorbelmont

how much fo you guys think Akumajou Denetsu is worth?

Doc

trevorbelmont

a mint complete copy is worth 30?

the_wizard_666

No, based on rarity, it's probably only worth $10.  That's what it sells for :P

Doc

Quote from: the_wizard_666 on August 31, 2006, 08:05:07 pm

You are correct, Wiz. :)

trevorbelmont

wow are you kidding me? thats so low. its not that it matters no one is going to sell it for 10.

Doc

Quote from: trevorbelmont on September 01, 2006, 05:28:11 am
wow are you kidding me? thats so low. its not that it matters no one is going to sell it for 10.

Exactly the point all of us are making. People spend so much because it was released in the U.S., while gems like Tama and Friends go for about $5...

The ONLY reason why A Week of Garfield is expensive is because of the power of the internet, the articles written, the ROM, and testimonials saying how "bad" it is, when it is DEFINITELY a very good game.

JC

Garfield is a highly recognizable name -- Americans know Garfield.

Doc

Quote from: JC on September 01, 2006, 11:16:42 am
Garfield is a highly recognizable name -- Americans know Garfield.

Americans know who Mega Man is, why do his games go for cheap?

JC

Well, you gotta look at it case-by-case. I don't think Rock Man goes for cheap. Featherpluck just sold all six for over $100.

Doc

Quote from: JC on September 01, 2006, 11:30:12 am
Well, you gotta look at it case-by-case. I don't think Rock Man goes for cheap. Featherpluck just sold all six for over $100.

But you can do that with the U.S. version carts and get away with it, too...

featherplucknfilms

Akumajou Densetsu is definitely not a $10 game and basing the value of a game of an eBay auction is a hard thing to do as well because that is the value of it during a weeks period set by those few people who were able to see it.  Even if those same people saw it at a different point in their life it may have a different value based on how much extra money they have or if they are craving it more.  I sold Tama and Friends for $5 but its definitely not a $5 game.  Regular store price would probably be something more like $10 or $15 not complete.  Mr. Belmont is trying to find out whether I offered him a good price or not, I offered him $65 for Akumajou Densetsu complete, with all the inserts, ads and registration cards.  This price was based on how much I wanted to keep the game for my own collection (since I had just sold mine since he had asked me to) and how much that one just sold for ($80some).  When I try to find games for people I try to get the best price but at the same time I'm not gonna work my butt off going through crap loads of clearance games trying to find you a $10 complete game that is impossible to find, spending hours and hours to make 5 bucks.  And if it's something I wanna keep then I'm gonna want more for it too.  Also if someone asked me to find Tama and Friends for them I seriously doubt I could sell it for $5 bucks because games I find are usually just flukes that I found for cheap in some lot with a bunch of other games.  The cheapest things are found randomly and not when looking for something specific, thats why my auctions are ususally cheaper than if you ask me to find something for you. Just like the Joyball controller, you could never find that for $1.99 in a store.  Those are the kind of things that I do lose moeny on sometimes. But so used  game prices are really so variable its hard to set just one price for their value, there are so many variables, especially when you're talking about Japanese games in America.