Road Fighter

Started by Slushie, August 24, 2006, 04:12:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slushie

Just got my 3rd Famicom Game, and my 1st one bought off eBay. It's Road Fighter, and I have wanted it ever since I played it on my 31in1 Cart years ago.

What does everyone think of this game?

JC

Cool, dude! I bought that one the other day -- importing it from Australia. It's the NES version, though. I don't have the Famicom one, but I bet it's on one of my multicarts. It must be fun since you searched it out. I'll be happy to have it when it finally gets here.

Doc

Any info on it? Have no idea on what it is...

manuel

When it's the same Road Fighter I have for the NES (PAL), then the game is crap.
It's a totally simple and boring racing game with only 4 tracks when I remember right. The music is annoying, too.

Doc

JC

Yeah that screenshot is sad to see. I hope I still enjoy the one I'll be getting. :-\

daynum

I quite like Road Fighter. It's really basic and repetitive but I find it's worth a few minutes play every now and then. There are definitely worse driving games out there.

manuel

Hi Daynum. ;D

Wow, I didn't think there's actually somebody who enjoys Road Fighter... ::)
Well, maybe my standards are too high?  ;)

Doc

Hahaha, don't worry. I LOVE A Week of Garfield...

Slushie

Yeah, the game is I guess "cheap".

But that is what I love about it, drive straight up, turn to avoid cars, and some cars will move toward you, and block you. You can go different speeds, depending on what button you hold for Gas. If you hit something while going fast, you are more likely to fly off the road and blow up, and it would obviously be harder to steer while going faster.

But there is a time limit for each level, so going faster has its advantages.

I just love these type of games, where you just go straight up a track, and move left and right to avoid things, while you just steer at the screen.

Basic, but very fun ;D

NESHero

Yea I got that game, havnt played it in awhile.
If I remember right, that game really frustrated me, it reminds me of Spy Hunter.
Also known as Pineapplehead.
Australian Retro gamer.

tonev

Am I the only one who likes road fighter?
(sorry for the old topic bump ) ( 5 years lol )
I am back everyone :)

jpx72

LOL no, I like it too, bumping into other cars and getting out of the rollway by quickly pressing left and right!!! I have played through the game many times, I remember running through it 10 times, waiting for some ending screen... and nothing happened :D
I guess it's too common, nearly all of my multicarts have it. It was one of my first famicom games.... 

BTW I think I was reading here not long ago that "necrobumping" is allowed on famicomworld ;)

Xious

I'm quite fond of 'Road Fighter', as it's somewhat a clone of 'Spy Hunter' and honestly it's a fun, no-stress timesink.

I was in high school and college when games like 'Asteroids' and 'Donkey Kong' (which is also four stages long) came out, so I enjoy the traditional arcade feel, and that's what 'Road Fighter' is: It's about outscoring your mates.

I think it's also the first appearance of Konami Man. :bomb:

Jedi Master Baiter

Are you kidding me?! This game is fun just to gain speed & see how many cars you can bounce off before crashing.

And where's Konamiman? ???