March 28, 2024, 09:43:46 am

Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

I was curious about that, too. Super Pig only made disks, so it's more likely Hacker International or Idea-Tek. That's if it's poker and not another game. We'd need screenshots.

keiffer01

Unfortunatley no.The strip poker game is just some ugly poker game. It looks crappy and it only says,''TAIWAN 1989'' at the bottom of the first screen. Anyways, here a some pics that some people (*cough* JC :P) wanted to see of the SMB2 jpn that I found yesterday. As you can see, the box isn't that exciting really;

But the weird and kinda funny thing about this is that I've got the ''sequal'' to this game from the same company. Take a look at this;

So this would mean that the same company should have released a 1 & 2, and maybe they released even more than 4 games in the series of Mario games.

FamicomFreak

WOW SO KEWL!! I WANT THOSE!!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

JC

August 22, 2008, 09:16:24 pm #198 Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 09:28:23 pm by JC
Micro-Genius is well known for its pirates and a few unlicensed originals. I think they really only published games. I'm not certain, but I think they rented games in those same boxes in Australia and maybe elsewhere.

As for the series, I'd guess there would be at least five: Mario Bros., SMB, SMB2j, SMB3, and SMB USA. I don't know exactly how they'd order them. These pirate companies were very good about order. When they developed their Mario hacks (#4-17), they stuck pretty consistently with which hack was given which number in the series.

I'd still love to see a pic of the poker game and its title screen. It's probably an original, since most originals were developed in Taiwan. I'd like to see a pic just so I'm sure I have it on my unlicensed originals list.

EDIT: Pokey?

zipzipi900

My finds the other day in the wild were:
Monster Party(NES) 5$ Cart ;)

Gyromite(NES)6$ Cart ;D
Light Purple(may have converter ;D)

Hope you enjoy :)

FamicomFreak

zipzipi900

Quote from: JC on August 22, 2008, 09:16:24 pm
Micro-Genius is well known for its pirates and a few unlicensed originals. I think they really only published games. I'm not certain, but I think they rented games in those same boxes in Australia and maybe elsewhere.

As for the series, I'd guess there would be at least five: Mario Bros., SMB, SMB2j, SMB3, and SMB USA. I don't know exactly how they'd order them. These pirate companies were very good about order. When they developed their Mario hacks (#4-17), they stuck pretty consistently with which hack was given which number in the series.

I'd still love to see a pic of the poker game and its title screen. It's probably an original, since most originals were developed in Taiwan. I'd like to see a pic just so I'm sure I have it on my unlicensed originals list.

EDIT: Pokey?
My mind says that Micro-Genuis is the "Nintendo of Piracy" lol. :D

zipzipi900

Quote from: FamicomFreak on September 01, 2008, 03:27:31 pm
Open it up man!!!
But this is a jewel to me.I used to play it when i was little so sorry
FF but i can't  but don't worry once i get another gyromite cart that may have the converter on it i'll let you know!!! ;)

FamicomFreak

Well you can open it to check out if it has a converter then close it back. There is a screw driver that will open it.

zipzipi900

Quote from: FamicomFreak on September 01, 2008, 03:47:40 pm
Well you can open it to check out if it has a converter then close it back. There is a screw driver that will open it.
What kind??? and FF I got one of those big head screwdrivers so the only option is that to open the cart from the pointy SD head sides lol :P

JC

zipzipi900

when i checked the bottom of the cart i saw gold pins there lol :D and JC
thanks for the info :)

FamicomFreak

waaaa sweet. I hope to find a gyromite as well someday with adaptor!

DDCecil

I finally got Dragon Warrior 3 back (Not to mention Dragon Quest 1 from JC). Now I have a nice complete cart only set:

Lorfarius

Is Dragon Warrior IV actually any good? It seems to sell for an arm and a leg.
My own Retro gaming YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius