April 23, 2024, 08:59:23 am

Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

keiffer01

Ohh yeah i also bought from a similar fashion from a different site one time! The site was called Lespacs. I found an ad of a guy selling a genesis with the sega cd attachment with a couple of games for 45$ and drove to his house with my father since he didn't live too far away. It's a nice site but you can't find lots of retro games on it though. :-\

FamicomFreak

Yeah they only appear once in a while so you have to check daily.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

FAMICOMfag

Quote from: FAMICOMfag on January 12, 2009, 11:06:05 am
I just saw this on some auction site.

Is this some kind of pirate version ?
*The box is too small but the text AND image do fit in
*It says "European Version" but the Nintendo Seal Of Quality is the american one, not the round european one
*The seal of quality doesn't appear on the cartridge itself.

Any Idea ? Ever saw something like this before?
Also how much would YOU pay for that?

Edit : in the description of the item it says
"NES-MW-EEC
EUROPEAN VERSION"

If anybody is interested in knowing about that - I think I've finally found out the answer to my own question : these seem to be pirate versions made in Hong Kong, I've found an item quite similar, take a look :

UglyJoe

Both of those are licensed by Nintendo.  One is one of the European versions.  The other is the Honk Kong version.

FAMICOMfag

January 14, 2009, 09:33:52 am #229 Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:39:16 am by FAMICOMfag
You sure about that ?

This is the only PAL official version of SMB2 that I know :

It is VERY different from what I posted earlier, and I explained the differences in that post too and I doubt it's official due to the fake seal (it's not round, the european one is supposed to be round; and it does not appear on the cart).

Do you mean that there are several OFFICIAL european versions ?

UglyJoe

It looks like a mix.  There are a bunch of different licensed boxes and carts (check it on NintendoAGE). 

Here's the cart (NES-MW-EEC, as described):
http://www.nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=NES.View&egID=2249&lgID=4914&sID=1935

Granted, the box doesn't match it, but I'm guessing it's from some other European version (the one you posted later is from the French version).

Quote from: FAMICOMfag on January 14, 2009, 09:33:52 am
Do you mean that there are several OFFICIAL european versions ?

Yes, exactly.  They had to release multiple versions in Europe because of the multiple languages being spoken.  This was before an in-game language selection was feasible.

133MHz

Also, NES-wise, Europe is divided into two territories: PAL A and PAL B. The difference lies in the lockout chip, you can't play PAL A games on a PAL B system and vice versa.

FAMICOMfag

January 14, 2009, 09:50:34 am #232 Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 10:06:51 am by FAMICOMfag
Thanks a lot for the answers. I really didn't know that.. It surprises me that the Hong Kong thing was actually official.

Edit : although I still have one unanswered question  : that first version I posted with the smaller box : how rare is it ? how much would you pay for it?
thanks

Tjibynn

Here is a swedish database I often use to check out different releases.

http://www.nesdb.se/game.php?id=1

This is what its told about Super Mario Bros 2

http://www.nesdb.se/game_more.php?id=1396&gm=4&rid=1

FAMICOMfag

The Smurfs, a PAL only game (which is a good game), with box and manual in very good conditions, for only 7€. I think it's a bit rare and worths much more than that actually. Got the french/german version (as in, french/german texts on the box and manual, but french title on the front of the cover).

Also 5€ for Astérix, another good PAL exclusive game, but cartridge only sadly.

manuel

Oh, yes, the Smurfs is a fun game. Asterix, too. I wouldn't mind getting those at some point.

nintendodork

Is the Smurfs game anything like the GB one?  If so, then it's awesome.  I used to play that game for hours on end because it had no save feature :D
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

son_ov_hades

Just got this multi-cart from Jedi.

FamicomFreak

Sweet stuff! Congrats!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nintendodork

I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat