April 19, 2024, 11:37:25 am

Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomFreak

Awesome finds everyone
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nintendodork

Yes.  This is it.  This is Battletoads. Indeed, mofo.  I have it.

Ok, I laughed when I saw this, because I could tell the store was trying to make this, and a few other games stand out.  It was on the top shelf over all the other NES games.  The other games in the top shelf were:

Camerica's Big Nose the Caveman
Camerica's Ultimate Stuntman
Pac-Man by Tengen
and a few others that were just common NES games.  I totally would've gotten Big Nose if the label didn't suck.  And I didn't know what Ultimate Stuntman was, so I didn't get that either.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

nurd

I love Battletoads.

nintendodork

It's an awesome game, except my NES/clone is at my grandma's.  I need to either bring that here, or get a converter...I'll probably do the second option.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Rob64

May 11, 2009, 07:47:33 pm #349 Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 12:02:29 pm by Rob64
Not really finds but recent amazon purchases:

gray zapper
lot of 24 Nintendo brand dust sleeves
Bible adventures
road runner (tengen)
quattro sports

and from my bass player:
Mike Tyson's Punch Out

And I store his Mega Man games since I have an NES that works and I invite him to do play throughs, he's quite entertaining to watch. He's good, knows the game like the nerd, and is funny to see get pissed at.
Now you're playing with Power

133MHz

Congrats on those unlicensed games! :)

Rob64

Thanks, Quattro Sports is an interesting cart (yay Taiwan!). I knew I only wanted one of Tengen and one of Camerica, but I may get more from Wisdom Tree.

I also have a small shopping list for a trip I'm taking to Digital Press, it's my number one spot to get all things classic.

Hopefully I leave with:
NES Max and Advantage
Konami Laserscope (doubt it)
U force (doubt it)
Contra
Double Dragon
Ghostbusters
Game Genie
Battletoads
Paperboy
Pacman
NES adaptor
Power Pad
and SNES controller

Accesories and adaptor come before the game, so we'll see. I'm going the 23rd.

son_ov_hades

Digital Press is cool, but their prices are quite high.

Rob64

Depends on what you're looking for. I remember leaving the stores with stuff that could sell for much higher.

I also had another find and a new reason for digital press.

I went to Play N Trade to trade in SMB and to see if they can check to see if my game genie works in the vcr NES because I couldn't. He couldn't take mario since they had too many and couldn't test my game genie. I look in the display case where they keep everything from N64 backwards to 2600. Then I saw it.

SMB 3 box with very little corner wear. Epic Win! For $20, I got the SMB3 CIB with manual and a Nintendo Gamplan poster from 1986 just inside the box. I think I technically got a free poster because I don't see how it could have been packaged with SMB3 back then.

So now I can trade in SMB 1 and 3 when I go to Digital Press which will probably help me get a free NES game. Friggin Sweet!

son_ov_hades

I tired to trade in a HUGE box of Atari 2600 stuff to them and they offered me less than $60. Total rip off artists.

Rob64

Yeah, I can see that as being a good rip off. However, the only bad experience I had with them was when I bought Kirby 64 and it didn't work, but they gave me a refund.

I guess I'm lucky enough to have no bad experiences yet. I had more at Play N Trade.

Rob64

I'm back from the trip to Digital Press... I wish it was in my town instead of 50 minutes away... oh well, here's my finds:

I traded: SMB 1 and 3, Al Unser Jr. Turbo Racing, and Super Off Road

For:
1. a yobo ac adaptor for NES,SNES,and Genesis for 8 bucks. I don't want to play with electric tape anymore to get the wire to stay still.
2. a CIB with manual... NES ADVANTAGE for 15 bucks and the controller itself seems to be new because the protective cover over the black part was still on it. Works great.
3. a CIB SNES controller for 10 bucks... sweet box but not a long controller, oh well.
and 4. Top Gun for 2 bucks, sharpie marker on label and back... disappointing but not a big deal.

Didn't get everything but they didn't have everything I was looking for... BUT.

Apparently a loyal member of digital press makes hacks for them to sell which are amped up challenges of Megaman Ultra, Contra 7?, Zelda II, and SMB 3 2K3. They also advertised for Earthbound Zero but didn't have any, and they also had SMB2j for NES... interesting but I'm getting that on the FDS for my birthday anyway.

I also found them selling a CDi with Link The Faces of Evil... I almost bought it but it was Eighty bucks. Maybe some day... ???

nintendodork

Alright, I just got back from Omaha, and here are my NES finds (I also put some stuff in the "All other finds" thread)

I know, it's a craptastic photo, and most of those scratches are pretty visible.  As you can see (Maybe), Bignose does have half of the label ripped off.  It's not as bad as I thought, but still pretty bad.  It looks like someone put a price tag on the label (what an idiot) and someone else ripped it off.  As for the other three, the labels are in decent condition, and the carts are really scratched, but, oh well.  They're Camerica games, and I got 'em cheap, so whatever.

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: nintendodork on May 23, 2009, 03:14:12 pm
It looks like someone put a price tag on the label (what an idiot) and someone else ripped it off (what a bigger idiot).

Fixed. ;) Unless you were the one who ripped it off, then... haha. ;D

nintendodork

Nope!  If there were a price tag on it, I'm not sure what I would do.  At least they were smart enough (this time) to put the tags on the back, which I can easily take off. :)  Speaking of the price, Bignose was $8  :-\ But the others were $2 a piece, so I just decided to get all of them! :D