FamicomFreak

Today I got a couple of boxed NES games. A dollar each har har har

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Jedi Master Baiter

Jollie

isnt rainbow islands really rare?
Great Fox will cover you.

nintendodork

I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FamicomFreak

ah thanks for the info. I sold lolo2 today. so sad to see it go.

nensondubois

My local gamestore was selling XEXYZ for $4.99 so I picked it up.

cubelmariomadness

Quote from: FamicomFreak on September 11, 2009, 12:58:35 pm
Today I got a couple of boxed NES games. A dollar each har har har

What really spoils rainbow islands for me, is you don't get to play as the bubble dragons!
Sorry folks.

namakubi

Quote from: cubelmariomadness on October 05, 2009, 04:26:19 pm
What really spoils rainbow islands for me, is you don't get to play as the bubble dragons!

Oh but you do...

[Spoilers]

The human characters in Rainbow Islands are Bub and Bob, the dragons from Bubble Bobble turned back into humans!

cubelmariomadness

I know, but which do you want to play as?
I think the choice is pretty obvious.

[img=http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5628/newbitmapimagept.th.png]
Sorry folks.

Medisinyl

Quote from: nintendodork on September 13, 2009, 06:53:09 pm
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=NES.View&egID=1855&lgID=811 

Sorta, not really.

Despite what that notes, it is quite rare to find at a flea market/store...I've only seen one, and they were asking a ridiculous price.  This is based on the Florida market. 

Both Lolo II (one of my favorite games) and Rainbow Islands are a huge find at only $1 boxed. 

FamicomFreak

Yeah they were great finds but I'm not much of a NES fan so I ended up selling them. I wonder if I'll ever find them in the wild again.

Medisinyl

/\ Lolo 2 isn't too hard to find "in the wild." Lolo 3 is however.  Definitely a series worth giving a shot if you haven't played them.  The series is Eggerland on the Famicom if you're unfamiliar with it. 

FamicomFreak

Ah yeah I heard of them. I played them but they don't appeal to me as much. Don't get me wrong, the games are great.

Medisinyl

October 15, 2009, 09:25:24 pm #418 Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:35:48 pm by Medisinyl
/\  Well, I think part of it for me is that Lolo 2 was one of the games I had as a kid, so the series has the nostalgia enhancement (I've since gotten Lolo, Lolo 3, and a boxed FDS Eggerland [doubt I'll bother with any from other systems]).  

Otherwise, to contribute to the thread, my last NES find recently was a Bard's Tale at a flea market (been wanting to try the game out for a while and hadn't seen one in the wild until then [aside from one I didn't buy with a torn label]).  Still need to hook my retro systems up at this new house though, so it hasn't been played yet.  

FamicomFreak

ah bard's tale is a classic one. Congrats on such a neat find.