March 28, 2024, 02:20:37 am

Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightstar699

LOL I personally love Silver Surfer. I've memorized it to the point where I can beat it. Kabuki Quantum Fighter though, wow that is a really good game.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

tankexmortis

For a long time I was convinced it was completely impossible to beat Silver Surfer. But I keep hearing about people who've done it. It's amazing. You must be some kind of video game genius.

Nintendodork, I'll check those out, thanks.

nensondubois

Castelvania 3 is an excellent platformer with exuberant graphics for a NES game. Gumshoe is quite a challenging shooter... but not the best. Try Trick Shooting.

tankexmortis

I've got Castlevania 3, wonderful game. Trying to get my hands on Gumshoe. What I meant by shooter though was games like Life Force or Gradius. Shmups.

Nightstar699

Gun Nac. 8-bit shmup perfection.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nensondubois

Quote from: tankexmortis on May 12, 2010, 07:30:13 pm
I've got Castlevania 3, wonderful game. Trying to get my hands on Gumshoe. What I meant by shooter though was games like Life Force or Gradius. Shmups.

Oh, ok.Guardian Legend is a great shooter, but since it's a mulit-genre game that doesn't count. Super Spy Hunter is the game to go for.

Medisinyl

Quote from: Nightstar699 on May 12, 2010, 07:37:49 pm
Gun Nac. 8-bit shmup perfection.

Gun-Nac is definitely one of the best.  For the Famicom, Recca and Crisis Force are must-haves for shmup fans, though on the NES, Dragon Spirit and The Guardian Legend are favorites (Life Force as well). 

tankexmortis

Thanks guys! I've played a few of those, I'll check the rest out. Really appreciate the recommendations.

linkzpikachu

got yoshi at my local P'N'T for 4.99 and punch-out!!! for 7.00 today
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

FamicomFreak

Hmm Punch out was a good deal, not sure about Yoshi but it's a fun game as well! COngrats!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

tankexmortis

Found some great stuff at the flea market today. Got a copy of Vice: Project Doom, which I've been looking for. Really underrated game. Also picked up my first converter-in-a-cartridge, a Gyromite! I could tell it had the converter immediately, the weight makes a big difference. Finally, I got a Yobo system, which sadly isn't quite working. I sure have bad luck with these clone systems. I'm gonna post a thread about it and see if I can get some help figuring out what's wrong.

nensondubois

Super Mario bros. + Tetris + Nintendo World Cup (PAL A German version, excellent condition)

FamicomFreak

Grats on the converter , I need to buy me the tools to open mine up

tankexmortis

Do you mean the converter or the cartridge? If its the cartridge, I thought the ones with converters all came with regular flathead screws. If it's the converter, what are you opening it for?

FamicomFreak

Conterver for famiclone !!!!0