List of FDS games ported to carts

Started by JC, April 26, 2008, 10:24:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent X

Glad I used my deductive reasoning to figure out my original thread got absorbed into this one.  Please excuse me not having seen the FDS ported to carts thread.  I'm still new here and some of the more obvious things of that nature go right past me, though I do tend to go back pages to try to avoid starting new threads asking the same questions etc.  Anyhow, thanks for the response, it's good to know those two games in particular might actually exist on cart.
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

skyrunner14

Quote from: MaxXimus on April 27, 2008, 09:17:45 am
Super Mario Bros 2 - The Lost Levels.

I know it appeared later on the Super Famicom, but it was ported to the Famicom from its FDS release.

So it got an offical cartridge release? I always thought it only got to cartridge form through pirates only...
Would you please sign my petition? Hopefully, it will get Another Code R released in America. The link is here: http://www.gopetition.com/online/28991.html

JC

No all these listed here are pirate ports. So you're original thought was right -- no official SMB2j release on cart.

JC

I just found a Doki Doki Panic cart variation. In what I would think is the oldest version by an unknown company -- probably Whirlwind Manu -- the levels aren't complete, so you have to start at the beginning with each character. In the Kaiser version of the game, all of the levels are completed, so you can skip around from the menu screen.

fami85

TOOTAi
would you want to sell or trade for your Arumana/ Indiana Jones Game? Been searching for 3 years for it.

ckenda1

Pac-Man
Dig Dug
Dig Dug 2
Wrecking Crew
Ice Climber
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Goonies, The
Burgertime
Pinball
Twinbee
Bomberman
Xevious
Galaga
Galaxian
Solomon's Key

All these went from FC to FDS (Disk Writer) -- The opposite of what this thread was intended, but it would be a good list as well.

I am sure there is more, but my mind is drawing a blank.

UglyJoe

Since this list is only for FDS-exclusive games that were ported to carts by pirates, why is Akumajou Dracula on the list? (same thing goes for Bio-Miracle).

michaelthegreat

I think it matters whether the fds game has been found on a pirate cart or if the cart game is on the pirate cart.

JC

Exactly. It's the FDS version of games on pirate carts.

Shonkey

I bought a bootleg cart version of Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic off craigslist. It starts with "Kaiser" on the title screen.
I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

MS-DOS4

>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

MWK

What about Dr.Chaos? I do have a pirate cart.

Parodius Duh

List needs to be Updated. I just found "Hao Kun no fushigina Tabi' on a pirate cartridge!!!!!

CaH4e3

I'd like to ask a favor from all FDS ports owners... I'm trying to sort out all things according to FDS ports and I need more info about carts and especially it's PCBs. Since I researched currently, there is more than one version of each game (you know already, there is two doki doki exists, and a lot of SMB2j, but there is at least three Bubble bobbles, two ProWres, two Zanac, two or three Castlevanias...

So, let's find all kind of FDS ports/hacks together and gather more info about it. ;) so please, if someoe is own any FDS ports, take a picture of it's cart's labels (as detailed as possible) and if possible, PCB images too... it will help determine new versions and maybe in futureI can dump, research and release them all...

I'm working currently on gathering as much FDS ports as possible to me, most I own you can seeon my page in collection, some of not mine, but I have it photographed and researched too ;) but there a lot more that I have just now and you can help me out,

Thanks ;)

Cheetahmen

I have one of the Bubble Bobble FDS ports (the LH31 cart) but I'm pretty sure that one's been dumped already.

Another thing that might be worth noting is that with the Super Mario Party 10 in 1 (or something like that) Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa is actually an MMC3 conversion of an FDS port. ;)
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch