List of FDS games ported to carts

Started by JC, April 26, 2008, 10:24:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

April 26, 2008, 10:24:19 pm Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 05:23:28 pm by JC
Let's compile a list of all the confirmed ports of FDS games to cart (so this includes some non-exclusives):

Ai Senshi Nicol
Arumana no Kiseki (Miracle of Arumana)
Akumajou Dracula
Akumajou Dracula II: Noroi no Fuuin
Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa
Bouken Roman (unreleased)
Bubble Bobble
Dr. Chaos
Emi-chan no Moero Yakyuuken (Wild Ball?)
Exciting Basketball (as Double Dribble)
Falsion
Fuuun Shaolin Kyo
Green Beret
Hikari Shinwa: Palutena no Kagami
Meikyuu Jiin Dababa
Metroid
Monty no Doki Doki Daidassou
Namida no Sokoban Special (as Box World)
Nazo no Murasamejou
Pro Wrestling
Smash Ping Ping
Super Mario Bros. 2
Tobidase Daisakusen
Twin Bee Part 2
Volley Ball
Yumekoujou: Doki Doki Panic
Zanac

Tootai

I have Miracle of Arumana. Arumana no kiseki or something? The cart just says "Indiana Jones". Wasn't that FDS only?

MaxXimus

Super Mario Bros 2 - The Lost Levels.

I know it appeared later on the Super Famicom, but it was ported to the Famicom from its FDS release.

Jabra

Quote from: MaxXimus on April 27, 2008, 09:17:45 am
Super Mario Bros 2 - The Lost Levels.

I know it appeared later on the Super Famicom, but it was ported to the Famicom from its FDS release.

Yes, I think Super Mario Bros 2 is the most important game that must be mentioned !

JC

I totally forgot about SMB2j. :o Thanks for reminding me.

FamicomFreak

Don't forget Metroid. That's a game that was ported to a famicom pirate cart as well!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

JC

Are you sure? I didn't think it was confirmed. I've seen Metroid on a Famicom cart, but I wasn't sure if it was the FDS version or the NES version.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: JC on April 27, 2008, 05:46:12 pm
Are you sure? I didn't think it was confirmed. I've seen Metroid on a Famicom cart, but I wasn't sure if it was the FDS version or the NES version.

Oh if the FDS version records the game which  I think it does then it's not. The one I played used passwords....
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

DDCecil

Wasn't Bio-Miracle Bokutte Upa released as a FDS first?

JC

Yes, but then as a cart. I've never heard anyone say they have a pirate cart that's the same as the FDS version.

planet_haxxor

May 02, 2008, 10:25:31 pm #10 Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 10:47:42 pm by planet_haxxor
I
have a few AV Beautiful Girl Fighting (3 of them which where being sold at the same shop, never saw them elsewhere) - this is originally a fds game??? :o

sais someri (somari) team, on the label 

JC

I'm under the impression it was one of those crappy FDS games made by Hacker or Super Pig or something. I've never seen the game on cart, so I can't say if it's the same as games by Hacker, etc.

djdac

I have a pirate cart of the game Meikyuu Jiin Dababa. As far as i know that game was only released on the FDS and  not the famicom. And on a related note, was Ninja Kun ever released on the FDS? Because I have a pirate disk copy of that game for the FDS.

KEVMAN569

The original Castlevania was originally on FDS before it came out on cart.

Jabra

Quote from: KEVMAN569 on May 12, 2008, 06:03:11 pm
The original Castlevania was originally on FDS before it came out on cart.

since it was released officialy on a cart this means it is not FDS-exclusive Game