I Have Not Been Receiving emails From Famicom World?

Started by Paul-FC, May 09, 2008, 09:24:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul-FC

Quote from: UglyJoe on May 20, 2008, 09:25:53 pm
Let's try some diagnostics, then.

Set yourself up a gmail account (they're free) and then change your forum email address to that.  Send a PM to yourself and see if you receive an email.  If that works, then we know the problem is linked to your email address and not some anomaly in your user account.

well my new gmail account works

UglyJoe

Ok.  If you're ok just using a gmail account, everything is keen.

If you want to use your other email account, then edit your profile to use your old account again.  Just for kicks, send yourself another PM and see if you get an email (it's worth a shot...).  Let us know if you switch back to your old email.

If you do switch, could someone with an @famicomworld email address try to send popibros an email at his non-gmail account?  Depending on what happens there (does the email go through?  does it bounce?  does it disappear?), we can further diagnose things.

Paul-FC

Quote from: UglyJoe on May 20, 2008, 09:43:22 pm
Ok.  If you're ok just using a gmail account, everything is keen.

If you want to use your other email account, then edit your profile to use your old account again.  Just for kicks, send yourself another PM and see if you get an email (it's worth a shot...).  Let us know if you switch back to your old email.

If you do switch, could someone with an @famicomworld email address try to send popibros an email at his non-gmail account?  Depending on what happens there (does the email go through?  does it bounce?  does it disappear?), we can further diagnose things.

well i switched back to my old email.
send me a email from a "@famicomworld email address" my email is "popibros1@sbcglobal.net"

MaxXimus

I figured it was your email. Maybe you have to add the PM email to your allow lists to get the emails it sends?

UglyJoe

Quote from: MaxXimus on May 21, 2008, 10:47:56 am
I figured it was your email. Maybe you have to add the PM email to your allow lists to get the emails it sends?

I'm suspecting it's a problem at the server level, not an account level (popibros said he checked his spam filter).  FW's mail server may be refusing to send mail there and popibros's mail server may be refusing to accept mail from here. 

If popibros's mail server is rejecting mail from FW, the mail should bounce back to FW.  Since the forum software is sending out the email (instead of an actual email address), the bounced email doesn't go anywhere.  If someone with a FW email address could send him an email, we should be able to receive the bounced email and further investigate the problem.

Unfortunately, I don't have an @FW email address, so we have to wait for a volunteer.