Boobykids?

Started by Supah_Sonic, August 18, 2010, 02:29:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Supah_Sonic

All joking aside, I was wondering if anyone has ever played the game Boobykids. I was thinking of picking it up mainly for the reason that I can say "I own BOOBYKIDS for the Famicom", but I really have no idea what this game's about. If anyone's played it, can they please tell me what it's like?

It looks something like this:
Life is an FPS, but you don't always get a gun and it has more RPG elements.
I do a little sprite comic every so often, it has some Famicom-related jokes in there.

MS-DOS4

Well, you could watch game play videos here

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=boobykids+nes&aq=f

or you could just download the rom and try it.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

nintendodork

I agree with MS-DOS.  You could've Googled it and saved your time.  But I've played it before, and it sucks.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Supah_Sonic

Quote from: nintendodork on August 18, 2010, 02:39:36 pm
I agree with MS-DOS.  You could've Googled it and saved your time.  But I've played it before, and it sucks.

Alright, I guess it would just be a novelty if anything.
I do a little sprite comic every so often, it has some Famicom-related jokes in there.

Strider_Hiryu

Great cover art, the kids looks like tatsunoko characters, and the dragon drawn by toriyama.

Supah_Sonic

Quote from: Strider_Hiryu on August 18, 2010, 02:47:44 pm
Great cover art, the kids looks like tatsunoko characters, and the dragon drawn by toriyama.

Hydlide had great cover art too, that doesn't make it a good game.

tappybot

The game is pretty bad... but it's not unplayable.  If you have an appreciated for bad, retro games, you might like to check it out.

Strangely, every single copy of Booby Kids I've ever seen in stores has been completely filthy.. as if the kid who owned it was a booby kid.

There's a Gameboy version called 'Booby Boys', which I own but haven't played yet   :P

So yeah, don't be fooled by the cool artwork.

satoshi_matrix

I think it's because the cartridge shell is white. My Balloon Fight cartridge for Famicom is also extremely dirty. I am hesitant to try to clean it because I can't open Famicom shells.

Cheetahmen

I played a rom of this game before. TBH, I thought it was pretty bad, mainly because as far as I can tell you just dodge enemies. The music is pretty good though.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

tappybot

That artwork is so cool though.  I'm sort of fascinated by this concept..
In the retro age, it was not always apparent to what the graphics were meant to represent (at least not in detail), so you can imagine how the person creating the artwork had some freedom in how he chose to represent a game.

Particularly, I'm really fond of artwork that is faaar removed from what you'd expect.

For example, I haven't played it yet, and it doesn't seem like a terribly fun game, but check out the artwork on 'Shuffle Puck Cafe'.

Or Spelunker and Spelunker 2:

Now I know for a fact that you need quite a leap of imagination to compare those Spelunker art to what you actually get from the game... And I love that.   :D

jpx72

Hehe I think the game I saw after plugging the Spelunker cartridge into my famicom was exactly what I was expecting after seeing the label artwork ;D

tappybot

But it's quite a bit more dramatic, yes?  And the ghost looks nothing like that!   Hah, you know what I mean.

It has all the key elements.  The ghost, bats, a treasure... but look how that scene is orchestrated.  :D

Here's a classic demonstrating the same thing:

Jedi Master Baiter

This one's better:

So what's really going on with Pac-Man when he chases the ghosts?

ATARI7800

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on January 14, 2011, 10:07:07 am
This one's better:

So what's really going on with Pac-Man when he chases the ghosts?

He's doing it. :D

tappybot

When monsters say "No!" Pacman says "yes, Yes, YES!!!"