Games that have sentimental value to you

Started by 133MHz, May 30, 2008, 12:35:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NintendoKing

Uninvited, it was a game that I played alot when I was younger and I have fond memories of all the attempts at beating it. I eventually figured it out on my own, and it was hard.

satoshi_matrix

Pokemon Red. I played it so much that the cart label wore almost completely out.

and Missingno. is still the best Pokémon.

Mr. Gimmick

Final fantasy IX for PS1 and of course Mr. Gimmick :)
I want your CIB PAL Gimmick!
http://mrgimmick.proboards80.com/index.cgi

son_ov_hades

What's so great about Gimmick, I've never played it.

MaxXimus

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on June 18, 2008, 09:31:04 pm
Pokemon Red. I played it so much that the cart label wore almost completely out.

It's good until you run in to M and screw everything up. :P

I liked the fact that the Missingno glitch enabled you to get other Pokemon up to level 255(depending on your ID number and name.)

keiffer01

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on June 18, 2008, 09:31:04 pm

Best game glitch ever found in my opinion. I was freaked out by some of the things you could do with that glitch :P

MaxXimus

The magic door glitch in Pokemon Green is the best Pokemon glitch imo. It enables you to go to many different places in the game, including the hall of fame, within minutes of a new save file start. The glitch is activated by switching an item with a pokemon using select. The glitch was fixed in every other Pokemon game. :P

keiffer01

I have pokemon green, and I never heard of that glitch! :o Is it a walk through walls kind of glitch? What are the steps to do it?

Mr. Gimmick

Quote from: son_ov_hades on June 19, 2008, 01:40:29 pm

Its an awsome game! Its challanging, has absolutely amazing graphics and smooth animation - some of the best graphics on the NES and Famicom. Also, I just love the wierdness of the game, and its unique characters and bosses, its a very original platformer. Its a game that also requires you think out the solution to each situation, especially when trying to get the secret items. The music for me is 10/10, it has enhanced sound on the fami, and is some of the best NSF music I've heard. Plus, who can't help but to love a green star throwing blob for a main character :P
I highly recommend you pick up a copy if you see it and play it.

son_ov_hades

Eh it seems a bit too rich for my blood, but I'll at least download the rom.  ;)

Mr. Gimmick

well, the cart usually isn't too bad in price. If your lucky you can pick up the fami cart for $20 or so. But yeah, definatly download the Rom to play it :)

NintendoKing

Gimmick is kind of like Kirby but green and with a hat. He has this neat star weapon also, and the gameplay is also similar to Kirby.

thegreatgonzo

Does anyone remember the old California Games for the C64? It had biking, surfing.. not sure about some of the others.
My brother and I always played the biking segment... its always funny to wipe out and go spinning down the hill..
Dance, puppets... dance!

Mr. Gimmick

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on June 24, 2008, 11:50:47 am

Gimmick is kind of like Kirby but green and with a hat. He has this neat star weapon also, and the gameplay is also similar to Kirby.

Its not a hat, its actually a yellow-orange horn, just throwing that out there :P

Kuvio

Wow, I had never even known about Mr. Gimmick until now. I guess I should go check it out.