Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 11:47:13 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Off-Topic Chat (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Something that annoys you
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 103 Print
Author Topic: Something that annoys you  (Read 886871 times)
zmaster18
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #1290 on: April 12, 2014, 05:59:33 PM »

Your godparents?  Surely they don't have much influence.  Ask them if they'll change their name first to let you know they're serious about it.  Devoted godparents wouldn't hesitate.  Besides, a name is what you make it.
Haha yes this!! Why are they asking to change your own kid's name? WTF? Are they religious or something?
MaxXimus
There's something to be said about that...
FW Legacy
FamicomBox
Canada Canada

« Reply #1291 on: April 12, 2014, 07:38:23 PM »

Nope. My godfather just hates the name and he is really stubborn.  My godmother is supporting him with it. His reasoning is that he went to high school with someone named "blaine" and he didnt like him... its stupid. All they are doing is making fun of his name and being rude about the whole thing. ..

I told them there is no point doing that because no matter what they say it isnt changing and they better not hold it over his head or treat him differently.
Dendy
Famicom
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #1292 on: April 12, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »

Damn... Just drop the godparents...

At Classic Nintendo Gaming Forum we play nes/famicom games! Join us at http://www.nintendoforum.nl
MaxXimus
FW Legacy
FamicomBox
Canada Canada

« Reply #1293 on: April 12, 2014, 08:51:07 PM »

Im not going to do that, but I will make it pretty clear that it's an all or nothing package with me and my boys. If they bring it up again, I'll mention that in grade 3 there was a girl in my class, Val, who wasn't nice to me (that's my godmothers name) and so she should change her name.
Dendy
Famicom
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #1294 on: April 13, 2014, 06:45:06 PM »

Im not going to do that, but I will make it pretty clear that it's an all or nothing package with me and my boys. If they bring it up again, I'll mention that in grade 3 there was a girl in my class, Val, who wasn't nice to me (that's my godmothers name) and so she should change her name.

They could also use Christian name, when you baptized your son didn't he get Christian name?

At Classic Nintendo Gaming Forum we play nes/famicom games! Join us at http://www.nintendoforum.nl
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Hardware Collector

« Reply #1295 on: April 13, 2014, 07:48:50 PM »

That is his Christian name, but I'll be surprised if he's baptised yet, the little chap's only days old! Smiley

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
MaxXimus
FW Legacy
FamicomBox
Canada Canada

« Reply #1296 on: April 13, 2014, 09:10:14 PM »

Actually they aren't going to be baptized.  :/
Russam5354
AV Famicom
United States United States

Gamecube enthusiast. Member #2,851.

« Reply #1297 on: April 14, 2014, 06:53:30 PM »

According to your godparents, 'statistics' show that 9 out of 10 "Blayne"s are dicks. It's also fact and basic logic. I mean, it's true. All people with this one name are asses and freaks. I mean its logic. Just because I didn't like a guy in high school with this name, anyone that I will ever meet in my lifetime that have this name are assholes.

My point: your godparents' logic is a bit messed up.

あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.
MaxXimus
FW Legacy
FamicomBox
Canada Canada

« Reply #1298 on: April 14, 2014, 08:16:44 PM »

Yup. I set it straight though. There won't be any more talk about his name.
security16
Twin Famicom
Australia Australia

« Reply #1299 on: April 15, 2014, 02:41:09 AM »

Being so out of the loop and not knowing that people here have had children! Though I do remember vaguely the announcement of the pregnancy!
Also this manage projects assessment being intentionally vague and really annoying. The joys of wanting to be the boss lady!
Jay-ray
Twin Famicom

Platforming God

« Reply #1300 on: April 26, 2014, 07:12:54 PM »

Every post by user Russam5354
Russam5354
AV Famicom

« Reply #1301 on: April 26, 2014, 07:18:09 PM »

What the fuck did I ever do to you, Jay?
Every post by user Russam5354
How are ALL of my posts annoying, dude?

Seeing old posts of mine on this forum.
That bothers me too dude. LOL.

Seriously though. How the fuck can this guy not annoy you? You can't have a crack addict in an ad with the word "kid" in it.
Damn it. I just gave Jay an example of an annoying post XD
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:07:48 PM by Russam5354 » Logged

あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.
nintendodork
Ex-Post Whore
FW Legacy
Disk-kun

« Reply #1302 on: April 26, 2014, 08:43:47 PM »

That was a fairly recent post, actually. I was referring to the posts that still manage to keep my post count up to three per day even though I only log on maybe once a week now and post even less. I was worse than any of our current post-whores.

I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat
Russam5354
AV Famicom

« Reply #1303 on: April 26, 2014, 09:00:33 PM »

Wow. Why were you such a big whore post whore?

あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
security16
Twin Famicom
Australia Australia

« Reply #1304 on: April 26, 2014, 10:37:06 PM »

I don't mind postwhores who are informational, venting frustration at life in general or being amusing but when you start posting to intentionally cause drama on a forum with well established members of that forum you're gonna have a bad time. There is enough butthurt on the internet so PLAY NICE!!!

Also being biologically female especially at a certain point of a month really fucking blows I have the weirdest case of penis envy Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 103 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: