Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2019, 03:56:47 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Off-Topic Chat (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Something that annoys you
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 103 Print
Author Topic: Something that annoys you  (Read 877512 times)
MaxXimus
There's something to be said about that...
FW Legacy
FamicomBox
Canada Canada

« Reply #1305 on: April 28, 2014, 12:22:48 AM »

Every post by user Russam5354

he's been almost tolerable for me the last couple weeks. For the most part I just ignore his posts. He obviously makes some of his posts specifically to get reactions out of people,  so why bother feeding in to it, you know?

Russam5354
AV Famicom
United States United States

Gamecube enthusiast. Member #2,851.

« Reply #1306 on: April 28, 2014, 07:22:49 PM »

MaxXimus: Almost tolerable? Two weeks? What posts aren't "tolerable" or are "annoying"? Please tell me. Also, I've been on here for about two-four months, so please give me an example of how I've only been "almost tolerable" for "two weeks", please. I thought I deleted most of the stupid posts I made a month or two ago. Give me a link to the thread as well, please.

Security16: If you were referring to me, I don't try to "intentionally cause drama on a forum with well established members of that forum". I don't troll. My brother also sometimes makes stupid posts on my account as a prank. He did that on April Fools, and I have changed my password since then. I'm not trying to cause "butthurt" either.  I'm just arguing because Jay-ray said that "every post by user Russam5354" annoys him. He didn't give me any examples, proof, etc. Nothing. I just hate it when people attack my posts and I for pretty much no reason. Also, I just have a few questions about some of the things MaxXimus said.

Thanks,
 Russell.  

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 10:35:56 PM by Russam5354 » Logged

あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.
nurd
Sharp C1
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

asdf

« Reply #1307 on: April 28, 2014, 07:48:38 PM »

THE SINK AINT DRAIN RIGHT
security16
Twin Famicom
Australia Australia

« Reply #1308 on: April 29, 2014, 12:12:53 AM »

Security16: If you were referring to me, I don't try to "intentionally cause drama on a forum with well established members of that forum". I don't troll. My brother also sometimes makes stupid posts on my account as a prank. He did that on April Fools, and I have changed my password since then. I'm not trying to cause "butthurt" either.  I'm just arguing because Jay-ray said that "every post by user Russam5354" annoys him. He didn't give me any examples, proof, etc. Nothing. I just hate it when people attack my posts and I for pretty much no reason. Also, I just have a few questions about some of the things MaxXimus said.
*pat pat*
If the shoe fits then wear it not everything is to do with you though. Basic computer security like logging out of your account and having a separate log in on the computer for yourself would prevent  siblings accessing your shit online .
smeghead
Twin Famicom
Croatia Croatia

« Reply #1309 on: May 01, 2014, 09:59:59 AM »

Coming to fair and not finding any famicom cartridges or any other gaming stuff!  Angry
fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #1310 on: May 01, 2014, 10:14:02 AM »

The week before payday always sucks...so close you can almost "taste" the money, but so far away at the same time.  I really need to budget better, but at least I still managed to invest a bit of money these past few months despite having to pay for two people (my brother was staying with me, and due to his situation, I needed to pay for him too).

Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com
wholesalewatch648
Twin Famicom

« Reply #1311 on: May 02, 2014, 04:29:01 AM »

car is beginning to leak oil ...   Angry

I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.
smeghead
Twin Famicom
Croatia Croatia

« Reply #1312 on: May 02, 2014, 09:38:37 AM »

How to say... dirt in my ears  Embarrassed
nurd
Sharp C1
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

asdf

« Reply #1313 on: May 07, 2014, 04:06:45 PM »

paypal takes too long to do bank transfers  Fire!
security16
Twin Famicom
Australia Australia

« Reply #1314 on: May 08, 2014, 09:02:35 AM »

My ex husband has taught my son to say I hate you mummy  Cry
smeghead
Twin Famicom
Croatia Croatia

« Reply #1315 on: May 08, 2014, 11:18:30 AM »

When want to watch videos on YT and it so slow because downloading with §torrents  Blinky
fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #1316 on: May 10, 2014, 11:57:20 AM »

"Kids" these days annoy me...I mean adults, but the ones who are maybe 18 or 20 or whatever.

I went into a shop this afternoon, and I saw a few badly sunfaded Game Boy Color boxes in the display case.  It was quite hard to see what they had, but I did see an unlicensed game there.  It was one I already had (or it might have been a hack of one I already had) but I still thought I would pick up an extra copy if the price was moderately reasonable.  There were two guys at the shop, an older man and his son, and I asked the older man if I could see the game and what not.  He pointed at the younger "kid", said told him to take care of me, then he left.  I guess maybe the young guy was taking over the shop for his dad, like so many Taiwanese children do when they come of age.

Well I ask the guy for the price, and he looks at the box, finds the old price sticker on it, and tells me that was the price.  I mention to him that the game was about ten years old, and that there was a HUGE layer of dust on the thing...it probably hadn't been touched in years.  He just looked at me and said, "So?"  I said that it was quite rediculous to charge full price now, and he didn't say anything, just put it back to sit there for another ten years. 

Then I asked the kid if they had any Famicom games.  The display case was quite hard to examine, and there were some games in the back, so who knows if they had anything else of interest.  Well the guy didn't have a clue what the Famicom was!  I honestly couldn't believe it, and finally just gave up.

Sometimes I just don't understand the thoughts that go peoples' heads.  That guy had the opportunity to make a sale and clear out some "junk" that will probably never sell, otherwise, and he would rather just take it to his grave.  It just doesn't make sense to me, I guess he is just a poor salesperson, young, inexperienced, and moderately stupid.

Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com
nerdynebraskan
Sharp C1

I'm Jackson. I play and collect 8-bit Nintendo.

« Reply #1317 on: May 10, 2014, 12:34:31 PM »

That is definitely annoying, Dave. I've had similar, if less dramatic, experiences with stores, too. There are some greedy boneheads out there that would rather wait forever for the right sucker to come along and pay full-price for whatever they've got. My local game store has rented out warehouse space above their storefront so they can better hoard all the stuff that they buy in. I just don't see the point in paying rent to hold onto hundreds of junk SNES sports games, just so you can sell five or six a year for $8 apiece on your Ebay store. (Not to mention the wages of all the workers who have to store all that junk.)

L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Hardware Collector

« Reply #1318 on: May 10, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »

Some people just want a store, despite the fact that it will never make money and will more likely lose money.  Some people are not driven, are lazy or just set in their ways and don't understand core business principles.

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
nerdynebraskan
Sharp C1

I'm Jackson. I play and collect 8-bit Nintendo.

« Reply #1319 on: May 10, 2014, 03:04:49 PM »

I don't know how often that would be the case, LET. That does accurately describe a record store here in town, though. The owner is apparently independently wealthy and doesn't actually need to make money from the business. The guy's just enough of a music junkie that I think he loves having a place where people will bring him rare records and give him a chance to talk their ear off about how much he knows about music. But shopkeepers like him are rare, in my experience.

The game store I mentioned in my last post is very much a business trying to maximize its profits. They're just so desperate to get that cash that their philosophy is basically one of making top dollar off every item that ever leaves their store. That can often be foolish, as they have piles of junky games and movies collecting dust. A lot of people I talk to don't even like to go in there; people tend to dislike and distrust businesses with reputations for high prices. The irony is I think it would be more profitable for them to just have bargain bins for the crap and just try to turn it over quickly. Faster turnover of merchandise, less labor for the staff, and more people coming into the store looking for a cheap impulse buy. But nah, that'd be stupid. Let's just put that Ken Griffey Baseball up for $6, because we'll make a killing off the sucker who desperately wants that game enough to pay that... who cares if we wait two years and pile up 50 more copies of it?

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 103 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: