Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2017, 05:07:32 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Off-Topic Chat (Moderators: manuel, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Something that annoys you
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] Print
Author Topic: Something that annoys you  (Read 723686 times)
fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #1530 on: April 06, 2017, 01:43:25 PM »

Go to great lengths for people and get absolutely nothing in returns, they'd be like "yes sure" and then do absolutely nothing.

I'm tired of all that shit.

I presume you're referring to me on this one?  If so, I'd like to apologize about that last thing we had talked about.  But with the information given, I have no way to contact that said person unless he and I have a transaction together. 

About the other carts, though, I have them sitting here waiting for you.  One of the ones you inquired about (I had bought two), I wouldn't mind letting you have, but there is something wrong with it as there is some light glitching (maybe bitrot?!?) compared to the other  I have, sadly.

Please check out my gaming blog, FC Game Land, for information and my own personal thoughts on Famicom and other imported games.  I will also list items for sale on there, for those who are interested.

FC Game Land:  http://fcgamer.wordpress.com/
MasterDisk
Twin Famicom
Switzerland Switzerland

« Reply #1531 on: April 06, 2017, 07:07:28 PM »

Haha no I actually know it's complicated for you to do that request, I already got told once it's a mess to contact people there. You weren't the person I had in mind and I was just complaining overall, not specifically on FW members!
fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #1532 on: April 09, 2017, 03:01:40 PM »

Haha no I actually know it's complicated for you to do that request, I already got told once it's a mess to contact people there. You weren't the person I had in mind and I was just complaining overall, not specifically on FW members!

Hahahaha, oh good, I am glad on that!  It must have been my guilty conscious. 

Please check out my gaming blog, FC Game Land, for information and my own personal thoughts on Famicom and other imported games.  I will also list items for sale on there, for those who are interested.

Great Hierophant
Disk System

« Reply #1533 on: May 27, 2017, 12:40:19 AM »

People who claim that this :

Has anything to do with this :

Especially when people review this :

Check out my retro gaming and computing blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/
UglyJoe
Administrator
Disk-kun
United States United States

« Reply #1534 on: November 03, 2017, 01:13:34 AM »

$9.54 shipping for a $10.00 CD.  It's not even an international shipment Huh

I mean, come on.  I just ordered a CD from Japan that only cost me $8 to ship across the planet.  And somehow it costs more than that to ship from the west coast to the east coast?
Jedi QuestMaster
Jedi Knight
FW Legacy
FamicomBox

« Reply #1535 on: November 04, 2017, 01:20:01 AM »

What?!

I didn't even charge $10 for a CD I'd ship from California to France.

Bry89
Famiclone
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1536 on: December 02, 2017, 05:49:42 PM »

You know what really grinds my gears? Fireworks, ESPECIALLY when they're set off AFTER Bonfire Night. I'm not kidding you... some idiots were setting them off just there and I have to wonder... why? Just, why?!

These stupid things need to be banned. Enough said.

>>The Lightweb... join us, and may the holy panda god bless you for all eternity.
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Hardware Collector

« Reply #1537 on: December 04, 2017, 11:30:34 AM »

There are some religious / cultural festivals that center around fireworks Bry - I found out recently.  Sounds like that (some are close to Bonfire Night).  We had some last night too. 

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
UglyJoe
Administrator
Disk-kun
United States United States

« Reply #1538 on: December 04, 2017, 12:20:54 PM »

UglyJoe googles "Bonfire Night"...
Bry89
Famiclone

« Reply #1539 on: December 05, 2017, 05:47:47 AM »

There are some religious / cultural festivals that center around fireworks Bry - I found out recently.  Sounds like that (some are close to Bonfire Night).  We had some last night too. 
I'm meaning about fireworks being set off from their back gardens, as these things can be sold in shops would you believe. I personally think the professionals should only use them and not those that have a death wish or are bored. If Australia had banned the public sale of fireworks, then why can't elsewhere have this same regulation? It would spare the world from further noise and air pollution.

Thankfully, I'm not hearing anymore but I will be expecting to hear more when New Year's comes about, and that will be the final time unti another eleven months. And then the cycle repeats.

>>The Lightweb... join us, and may the holy panda god bless you for all eternity.
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #1540 on: December 05, 2017, 07:39:32 AM »

In Sweden firecrackers and other fireworks which effects is mainly about sound became illegal to sell some years ago, but other types are still legal. But because of this I think Easter fireworks has died out. Some younger Swedish people I talked with hadn't even heard about Easter crackers before.

Bry89
Famiclone

« Reply #1541 on: December 05, 2017, 02:23:16 PM »

There were fireworks for Easter? I've never heard of that. That's all new to me.

fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #1542 on: December 05, 2017, 02:35:49 PM »

Non-native English speakers who believe they know more about the language than natives. Some of my students have really arrogant parents.

While I don't pretend to know everything about the language, I think I do have quite a bit of knowledge thanks to studying the language and its literature at the university, self-study of the language and language relations to other tongues, my study on word etymology, etc.  I also discuss with my English friend / colleague about different word usages, grammar patterns, etc, and never tell my students that something from the book is incorrect, without asking other colleagues from different nations their opinions on the matter.

Even still, some parents feel the books know best, feel that they know best, despite not growing up in an English-speaking environment, not being immersed, not knowing the culture, etc.  It can get quite annoying, especially when they try to show you up.

L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Hardware Collector

« Reply #1543 on: December 05, 2017, 07:17:18 PM »

What was the example, can you remember?

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #1544 on: December 09, 2017, 09:18:17 AM »

There were fireworks for Easter? I've never heard of that. That's all new to me.
We have that in Sweden, supposedly to scare away witches and evil spirits, but it seems to be a dying tradition. I guess we are going to have a lot of witches and evil spirits from now on...

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: