Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

I had noisy neighbours once and decided I could respond by playing Silent Hill 2 ultra loud with double bass late at night. 
There are some pretty horrifying noises, but I mostly just scared myself so that didn't really work :D
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fredJ

LOL, you might have scared the whole neighbourhood.  :D
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

L___E___T

Heh, my housemates at the time were a little concerned because they didn't know what the noises were.  If you've ever played that game, it just sounds dodgy.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

petik1

security16

The cold making the arthritis in my back fucking hurt

Peege

Nightstar699

So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

security16

The blue in my hair is washing out at an alarming rate it's also staining my fingernails when i scratch my head

Neko

Procratinating to clean up my room, only to sleep half an hour later.

...OTL

Nightstar699

Ryu players on Street Fighter. Good job, you picked the easiest character to use.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

L___E___T

Hey that's unfair.  SF4?  His intricacies are pretty complex if you want to be a GOOD Ryu player.  I think Hawk is the easiest character to use.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

manuel

Huge trucks keeping only a 3m distance behind me while driving 70km/h.  :o

Not so much annoying... more scary.  :-[

Nightstar699

July 03, 2012, 10:18:08 am #852 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:31:31 pm by Nightstar699
Quote from: L___E___T on July 03, 2012, 05:19:51 am
Hey that's unfair.  SF4?  His intricacies are pretty complex if you want to be a GOOD Ryu player.  I think Hawk is the easiest character to use.

Hawk has nightmare matchups where he has barely any chance of getting it. At high level, Hawk requires serious mind games and reads on his opponent. He can't just rely on basic zoning like Ryu can. Hawk is a VERY high risk, high reward character. All of Hawk's moves are taking a major gamble, and once the opponent gets away, that can be the end for Hawk if they play smart.

A vast majority of Ryu's matchups are either even, or in his favor, and he enjoys so many luxuries which most characters don't have. Shoryuken type moves are kinda ridiculous in SF4, the fact that they can just be FADC'd on block makes them even more mindless.

To reiterate, I don't say this out of anger, as I very rarely lose to Ryu players (I have a 95% win rate against Ryu with Honda), but more out of boredom. Too many people just pick the easy way out and choose Ryu, knowing they won't have many bad matchups, or have to work very hard to win. It wouldn't kill them to try something different, eh?

manuel

Not everybody is so competitive and they just use a character that's fun and easy to use. Just saying.  ;)
If you get bored that might be a sign you're playing too much. AWAAAAAAAAAH!!

I never played the newer games, but I also liked Ryu (because he's calm and humble and stuff). However, I used Ken instead, because he was faster (although Ken as a character is a douche).  ;)

Nightstar699

Quote from: manuel on July 03, 2012, 04:31:07 pm
Not everybody is so competitive and they just use a character that's fun and easy to use. Just saying.  ;)
If you get bored that might be a sign you're playing too much. AWAAAAAAAAAH!!

I never played the newer games, but I also liked Ryu (because he's calm and humble and stuff). However, I used Ken instead, because he was faster (although Ken as a character is a douche).  ;)

I play SF4 A LOT, but the thing is that it's a game with almost 40 characters, and when 9 out of 10 of my opponents use the same character... it just makes me wonder why less people are willing to try something a bit different. Not to mention every Ryu player I fight has the same exact playstyle, running the the corner and throwing Hadoukens. Which makes sense because I play as E. Honda (who would want a flying sumo wrestler to get close to them?) but still, it's overwhelming how many people pick the same character in a game with so much depth and variety.