Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheetahmen

Quote from: Nightstar699 on September 12, 2012, 03:29:37 pm
Something that annoys me, or confuses me, rather, is when people call the original NES model the "toaster". This astounds me because every toaster I've seen, the bread goes in the top, not the front... so if anything the NES Top Loader should be the toaster... but I digress.

Looks more like a VCR to me, which I'm pretty sure is what Nintendo were actually going for. :P
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

nintendodork

September 12, 2012, 03:42:33 pm #916 Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:49:57 pm by nintendodork
Quote from: ericj on September 11, 2012, 04:26:52 pm
Quote from: petik1 on September 11, 2012, 03:43:03 pm
Moments of silence during school. They do absolutely nothing. We've done it ten times now for 9/11. It's about time we get over it.

I think kids today are too young to get it.

I value life more now than I did just a few months ago, and while none of my personal experiences can relate to any aspect of 9/11, I can safely say that I understand why it's important and that it should never be forgotten.  I don't do anything to honor (read: remember) it necessarily, but I don't think anyone should really have to.  When I went to school yesterday, no one really said anything about it.  Kind of strange, actually.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Jedi Master Baiter

JohnnyBlaze

Here's something that annoys me that I've been dealing with all day:

We've had brown water since last night and the water company claims that it was fixed by draining the hydrants. Meanwhile, our block STILL has brown water and now they claim that I should run my bathtub for ten minutes per hour to drain the water. This after they've given be bullshit all day about this situation.......
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

L___E___T

It's fine it's just more chocolatey.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

JohnnyBlaze

I've been up all night checking the water. Finally, it seems to be clear.
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

HokusaiXL

Rant topics when the OP is talking out of their ass and hasn't the first clue as to what they're talking about.
I don't know how to fox. D:

Nightstar699

September 13, 2012, 05:46:07 am #922 Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:22:56 am by Nightstar699
Quote from: Cheetahmen on September 12, 2012, 03:39:29 pm
Quote from: Nightstar699 on September 12, 2012, 03:29:37 pm
Something that annoys me, or confuses me, rather, is when people call the original NES model the "toaster". This astounds me because every toaster I've seen, the bread goes in the top, not the front... so if anything the NES Top Loader should be the toaster... but I digress.

Looks more like a VCR to me, which I'm pretty sure is what Nintendo were actually going for. :P

The VCR Nintendo... way more accurate than a silly toaster.

The fact that JohnnyBlaze has chocolate milk faucets and I don't, this annoys me.

Edit: And Makoto from Street Fighter. I hate her so God Damn badly.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

L___E___T

Makoto's awesome.  Bison (Vega), Fuerte and Guile annoy me.  Guile's so 'Murrica!
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

But dude, she's all loud and annoying... not mention she looks pretty generic... and I suck fighting her, yesterday I got beat by a Makoto player 3 times in a row. :(

Whenever I claim not to like Makoto, people say it's because I wasn't into Third Strike, and if I was, I'd "understand". I just don't like her. But then again I find it hard to like any character besides Honda and Balrog.

Why do you not like Bison, I wonder?
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

L___E___T

I hate Bison's all-round moveset.  standing MK and HK that have almost no recovery, the fact he can turtle and LK, LK, LK scissors all day - it's easy pressure.
The dive kick/fist shenanigans are hard to respond to, but I generally get annoyed that he can et two MKs out during a level one focus even.

Generally, I despise all charge characters - but particularly the three bosses and Guile.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

Yeah, I'm a charge-exclusive player, and even I'll admit I hate turtling with a passion. But rushdown Bison players are pretty cool... the ones who sit there and headstomp all day are garbage. I see your point, however, if I had to name my most hated SF characters, I'd say:

5. Cammy
4. DeeJay
3. Akuma
2. Ken
1. Ryu

Nightstar699

When people make offers on games I'm selling, then act condescending and rude when I make a reasonable counter-offer.

Agent X

----People who come to "Complete Stops" to make a freckin' right hand turn.
----Grammar Nazis online who go all MONK on everyone else, when it don't matter.
----The current state of gaming, and the realization that this is probably the last gen of "physical media"
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

son_ov_hades

Quote from: Agent X on September 23, 2012, 02:19:35 pm
----Grammar Nazis online who go all MONK on everyone else, when it don't matter.

Doesn't  :P