Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

L___E___T

That's me for one, because I don't have a better camera.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Epic_Lotus

People who complain about tailgating, but do it to cars in front of them.

Also, most drivers in Chicago.

L___E___T

Most cars in London don't even signal, so you'll be crossing the road thinking your fine and then all of a sudden have to dodge out the way of a driver that doesn't care.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Epic_Lotus

Hah, sounds like drivers in both our cities go to the same driving schools   ;D

What's really bad here (at least right now) is that there's construction all over the city's bypasses, with work zone speeds down to 45 mph.  If you get pulled over, it's a $375 minimum fine in a work zone.  99.9% of drivers here go at least 10 over the posted limit regardless, with many topping 20+ over.  Even the highway patrol cars tend to 10-15 over   ???.  Given that I don't want a ticket that'll chew up two months of disposable income, I try to do the speed limit when I can't avoid the highways, but it feels like I'm sitting still as cars whiz by me .  There're some real nutters on our roads!

crade

People are idiots.  I'm surprised every time I make it to work and back and manage to dodge all the idiots trying to crash into me in their idiocy.

A year ago or so, I'm sitting their stopped at a red light and some idiot just slams into me from behind at 50K/hr..
Course her license is suspended, she has no insurance..  Wish I could say I was surprised and it must be an off case... But thats par for the course around here far as I can tell

She's also in a minivan with kids in the back.
GRRR!

L___E___T

I'd have smashed her in, just a little bit. 
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

crade

Quote from: L___E___T on September 24, 2012, 08:49:52 am
I'd have smashed her in.

You say that now, but you wouldn't if you just got smashed all to heck from behind with your wife in the car and the lady has her 2 kids in her minivan...

Gotta wait for the world to stop spinning around first and figure out what happened, then you just call the cops.
GRRR!

Epic_Lotus

Quote from: crade on September 24, 2012, 08:46:48 am
I'm sitting their stopped at a red light and some idiot just slams into me from behind at 50K/hr..
Course her license is suspended, she has no insurance.. 

Oh man, I had almost the exact same thing happen to me about 4 1/2 years ago.  I was at a metered on-ramp to the highway, waiting for the light to go green when pickup truck slammed into me at about 30-40mph.  His license wasn't suspended, but he had no insurance.  I couldn't believe it.  It was a 3 lane on-ramp with NO other cars waiting at the light.  The dude could've swerved around me with no problems, but nope, just right into the back end of my car.  The state made him pay me like $2000 to cover the cost of my car, and my insurance had a policy that covered my medical, so it was mostly cool, but my car was pretty much shot   :'(.

JohnnyBlaze

People who ignore the State Law AND signs in the road to yield to pedestrians and speed right through crosswalks while people are walking on them. I'm used to it but I still hate it. It got to the point today that I saw a child coming off a school bus almost get hit by one of these amateur racers and I was about to take the car and run him down.....
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

Jedi Master Baiter

When video games end with "Game Over" even if you win. It's like you lose no matter what.

That's right, I'm talking about you, TMNT 2!

crade

Well technically the game *IS* over even if you win...  Don't shoot the messenger! :)
GRRR!

Nightstar699

Quote from: crade on September 25, 2012, 12:29:26 pm
Well technically the game *IS* over even if you win...  Don't shoot the messenger! :)

Very valid point. However, games like Contra which loop after completion of the final level are an exception . But that actually annoys me more because it makes me feel bad for turning it off, as if I didn't truly win. Or something.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Epic_Lotus

Hehe, I hate that, too.  I'm always like, "Nooooo!  But I beat the bad guys!"

It's the same thing with Super Mario Bros. 1.  I feel like I'm not really beating the game if I don't take the extra quest.   ;)

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: crade on September 25, 2012, 12:29:26 pm

But it ends with Shredder laughing at you & plays that depressing music that always made me want to kill myself (before I had TMNT3).