Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightstar699

Yeah... I remember losing at that game pissed me off, considering at the time I played it through I thought it was pretty long for a beat 'em up.

Also back in 2004, I had a mental breakdown over losing at the last stage on Gradius for the NES, and my mom took the cartridge away from me and wouldn't let me have it back since it made me violent and stuff.... I never got that cartridge back, and we moved so it's probably long gone buy now. This annoys me. At least I have it on Famicom. This doesn't annoy me.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Jedi Master Baiter

JohnnyBlaze

You got a game over on the last boss of Salamander?
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

Nightstar699

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on September 25, 2012, 10:52:36 pm
You didn't do this, did you? :P

Because it happened to me once. :(

Hahaha, that is hilarious. Sadly back in the day, I didn't even make it to the Xaerous Brain... If I did, I probably would have crashed into it like you did. :(
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nintendodork

Quote from: Nightstar699 on September 25, 2012, 05:47:01 pm
I had a mental breakdown over losing at the last stage on Gradius for the NES
This probably isn't something I should be laughing at, but after Jedi linked his Game Over video, all that's going through my head is what I assume you look like just screaming and breaking things in your room as that happy little "game over" song blares on a loop. :P
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Nightstar699

Quote from: nintendodork on September 26, 2012, 09:44:59 am
Quote from: Nightstar699 on September 25, 2012, 05:47:01 pm
I had a mental breakdown over losing at the last stage on Gradius for the NES
This probably isn't something I should be laughing at, but after Jedi linked his Game Over video, all that's going through my head is what I assume you look like just screaming and breaking things in your room as that happy little "game over" song blares on a loop. :P

Hahaha. Nah, it's cool. Looking back I do think it was pretty funny, although the game over song on Gradius still triggers nightmares for me.

DerZocker

My Cosmic Fantasy 2 arrived today. I only bought it because I finally wanted to play the original rather than a CDR copy and what must I see? All my savegames are gone. Both Backup Ram and Ten no Koe Bank are completely empty. What sucks almost more, is that also my Ys I & II saves are gone and I was about 3/4 through Book II :( Dunno if I'll ever find the motivation again to grind all the way back to where I left off those games (CF2's battle system is tedious to put it nicely)

Nightstar699

Quote from: DerZocker on September 27, 2012, 07:10:49 am
My Cosmic Fantasy 2 arrived today. I only bought it because I finally wanted to play the original rather than a CDR copy and what must I see? All my savegames are gone. Both Backup Ram and Ten no Koe Bank are completely empty. What sucks almost more, is that also my Ys I & II saves are gone and I was about 3/4 through Book II :( Dunno if I'll ever find the motivation again to grind all the way back to where I left off those games (CF2's battle system is tedious to put it nicely)

That's a shame. I remember blowing a fuse once after I forgot to hold in reset as I turned off my NES after a long game of LoZ.

The Japanese voices for American and English characters on SSF4 sound ridiculous. And as most people turn the voices to ALL Japanese, this can make watching SF videos painful sometimes.
Japanese Guile: SONIBEW. SONIBEW. SONIBEW.
Japanese Cammy: Can of sprite, can of sprite!
Japanese Cody: He just sounds like a 10 year for some reason in his Japanese voice.

Etc. This annoys me.

Jedi Master Baiter

^ ditto, but vice versa (American actors doing Japanese/whatever characters)

This is the 21st century; we can have English-speaking actors doing American characters & Japanese actors doing the shoto clones (except for Dan).

Nightstar699

That is true. I heard in some fighting games, each character actually does speak their native language, but I don't play many fighters besides SF, so I'm not sure.

L___E___T

You can choose the language in SF4 per character, but Tekken has language per character generally.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fredJ

It annoys me how everyone is lead by the media to support the punk group "Pussy Riots" against Putin and modern Russia.   :-\
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

Epic_Lotus

Video game reproductions really bug the crap out of me these days. 

I used to think they were a fairly innocuous thing back when I originally got into collecting NES stuff, and it was kind of neat to have physical carts of unreleased games.  I even had a fairly significant repro collection at one point.  Now, though, I think it's really gotten out of hand (especially on a certain other Nintendo message board).  You have folks a lot of folks taking the hard work of other individuals (who's hard work essentially rips off another person's hardwork and IP [but that's not really as pertinent]) and making a LOT of money off them.

Case in point:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=75754
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=34&threadid=85829

I mean, this is a repro of a game that Square-Enix originally sent a C&D letter to shut down, and here this guy is making carts of the 99% done ROM (which he didn't help to program) and making a lot of cash on it.  It just seems really wrong to me, and it bugs me a lot that there's a fair amount of this going on there with this and other games.

I have more opinions on the matter, but I think that's probably best left for a different thread at a later date   :-X

nintendodork

I agree with you.  People who sell reproductions should only charge for the cost of the materials they used and then some for the time it took to make them.  They really shouldn't be getting that much profit for something they really had no part in doing.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Nightstar699