Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

petik1

You two are disgusting. Pineapple + onion pizza ftw.

famifan

Quote from: L___E___T on April 19, 2013, 09:31:57 am
I thought everyone used snipes.  I am amazed at people who don't.  Place your max bid, sit back, for get about it.  Wait for e-mail result.

what's the point of using snipes? ???
i see the only one is to make bid secretly without exposing the bidding action to public. Actually i'd never used snipes.

Nightstar699

When people claim a copy of a game to be fake (perhaps when citing an eBay auction) without even mentioning what about it confirms it as a fake to them. (And no, I don't mean Famicom pirates with cheesy labels, or other obvious bootlegs)
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

80sFREAK

Quote from: manuel on April 18, 2013, 05:53:18 pm
eBay should introduce what yahoo auctions has.
Most yahoo auctions get a 5 minute extension if a bid was put in within the last 5 minutes.

This makes sniping via tools practically impossible.
It's an option and seller can set up extending 10 minutes or not.

Nightstar699, modern way to get stuff for free delivered to your door.

UglyJoe, you are right about "auction process". Kinda gambling, but same time not.
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

L___E___T

Snipes get you the same stuff you were going to win anyway at less cost.  Snipes don't work on Buy it Now listings, so I won't feel bad for using them and maximising my budget.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Epic_Lotus

I use snipes on occasion.  Mostly just when I know I'll forget about an auction closing and I'm really sure I want to buy it.  I stopped using them with frequency because I sort of figure that if I don't care enough to be online when an item closes, I probably don't need it that badly anyways.

These days, I prefer BIN's anyways.  I've lost too many items on regular auctions because someone went way over market value.  I'd rather someone just list an item (maybe with a Best Offer), and if it's a fair price, I'll buy it. 

FamicomFreak

People who put their kids on the shopping cart instead of in the child's seat! UGH!!!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

famifan

Quote from: L___E___T on April 22, 2013, 06:17:50 am
Snipes get you the same stuff you were going to win anyway at less cost.

really? you will win only if you're the highest bidder

L___E___T

Quote from: famifan on April 23, 2013, 01:58:21 am
Quote from: L___E___T on April 22, 2013, 06:17:50 am
Snipes get you the same stuff you were going to win anyway at less cost.

really? you will win only if you're the highest bidder

Sure, but when I bid on stuff I generally bid to win (unless I'm trying to snag a deal).  So, it avoids the final price being driven up for me, only to win it in the end.  Of course, this works both ways - sellers can utilise snipes as proxies and/or reserves if they want to take that risk.  Or they just just set a starting bid/BIN amount.  I won't feel bad for using snipes, I think everyone should use them personally.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

manuel

Epic_Lotus

Ugh, I hate headaches, too.  I used to wake up with them on occasion until I switched to a huge feather pillow that keeps my neck straight all night (I'm a side sleeper).  It sucks having to play $50 for a decent pillow, but oh so worth it to be rid of months of headaches.

manuel

If that helps I might have to shop for a new pillow, too.

80sFREAK

Quote from: manuel on April 27, 2013, 05:01:58 pm
If that helps I might have to shop for a new pillow, too.
Check your blood pressure and spend more time outdoors  ;)
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

Zero107

Same here, being a side sleeper myself, the morning headaches are inevitable. I'll have to look into a new pillow as well. One thing that annoys me is when my coworker is always asking me for cigarettes. Its like, hell, if you're a smoker, buy yourself a damn pack of cigarettes.  The first day he worked there and asked for one, I figured, why not. Then he asked to use my lighter. I'm like, shit, do you want me to smoke it for you too?!
I'll probably die surrounded by plastic crap.

Epic_Lotus

Lmao, I'm not a smoker anymore, but that was totally me for a few months.  I used to bum smokes (whole packs, even) to people all the time, so I figured it was karma to bum off other for a little while.

You know what annoys me?  Red light cameras.  Never had them when I lived in Wisconsin.  They're all over Chicago.  It sucks.  Instead of being a properly instinctual driver, now I get paranoid whenever the light turns yellow.  Don't even get me started on legal right turns at red.  Gahhhh! >:(