Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

Quote from: 80sFREAK on April 27, 2013, 05:32:58 pm
Quote from: manuel on April 27, 2013, 05:01:58 pm
If that helps I might have to shop for a new pillow, too.
Check your blood pressure and spend more time outdoors  ;)

My blood pressure is ok and I spend a reasonable amount outdoors. If that's the problem I'm willing to go out even more, though.

manuel

The football game I want to watch (Champions League Final) is at 3:45 in the morning in Japan. Damn time difference!

UglyJoe

Landscaper cut through our FiOS cable while planting a bush!  More inconvenient than annoying, I guess, since I have plenty of stuff DVR'd and can setup a wireless hotspot with my phone.

Wife is pretty pissed off, though, since tonight was the season finale of Grey's Anatomy  :(

L___E___T

That has first world problem written all over it.  Lucky enough to have a garden, let alone a landscaper ;)
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

manuel

Yeah.  ;D
I also wish I could afford a house with a garden.  :'(

But still, having your internet could is pretty annoying.
In my case it would even interfere with my work.

famifan

Quote from: manuel on May 21, 2013, 04:13:02 pm
But still, having your internet could is pretty annoying.
In my case it would even interfere with my work.

discipline?  :-[ motivation?

also some of modern web browsers has plug-ins that will help to schedule your internet activities (simply by blocking). Did you try them?

L___E___T

An international translator needs the internet to work.  I don't think it's a matter of not being able to browse the internet.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

manuel

Yeah, as a translator I need the internet.
I get my assignments via email and I hand them in via email.
Paper dictionaries alone also aren't enough these days.

I have to research a lot using a multitude of search engines, dictionaries and the like.

My whole life depends on the internet!  ;D  ...  :crazy:

petik1

Quote from: Epic_Lotus on April 27, 2013, 07:06:52 pm
You know what annoys me?  Red light cameras.  Never had them when I lived in Wisconsin.  They're all over Chicago.  It sucks.  Instead of being a properly instinctual driver, now I get paranoid whenever the light turns yellow.  Don't even get me started on legal right turns at red.  Gahhhh! >:(

I was flipping out yesterday because I accidentally ran a red light and confused a traffic sensor for a red light camera. Luckily, West Virginia banned them!

Nightstar699

My own weak-mindedness. How my mood is altered by trivial bullshit that most others would simply brush off. Hate it.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

GohanX

Walked into a pizza place today, noticed they had a Galaga arcade machine there. I've been playing the Fami version, so I drop a quarter in to see if I can make the high score. Shouldn't be too hard, right? It's not like this is a super popular game that tons of people play today.

I looked up at the high score. 99999920 or something like that. Crap.

Nightstar699

I have the high score on Galaga at the local movie theater, it's similar to the one you posted. But for whatever reason this machine lets you fire much faster than the Famicom version, so I'm not proud of it or anything. Perhaps it's just a difference between the arcade and FC version.

The Woolly Mammoth boss in Flintstones: Rescue of Dino and Hoppy. This annoys me.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Cheetahmen

Quote from: Nightstar699 on June 01, 2013, 10:51:13 pmI have the high score on Galaga at the local movie theater, it's similar to the one you posted. But for whatever reason this machine lets you fire much faster than the Famicom version, so I'm not proud of it or anything. Perhaps it's just a difference between the arcade and FC version.

I have a pirate multicart that does the same thing. :redcart:

One thing that annoys me is pirate carts that are made from the cheapest materials possible like those YH multicarts.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

L___E___T

The power up system in Crisis Force not being completely obvious without a manual.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nerdynebraskan

Malware. My laptop may have some at the moment, and the despair and frustration of this never gets old.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551