Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

I think it's just that electricity is very cheap in the USA compared to other 1st world countries.

edit: That's 900$ per year, right? Not per month, right?

security16

That is apparently from the 20th of may -_- It's also bullshit and I will find a way to not pay that amount since I ended up being railroaded into using this electrcity provider when my ex put it in my name without my permission

80sFREAK

Quote from: manuel on July 24, 2013, 05:02:08 pm
I think it's just that electricity is very cheap in the USA compared to other 1st world countries.

edit: That's 900$ per year, right? Not per month, right?
300AUD per month? Easy. #1 there is winter. #2 she have baby. #3 using heater(heat pump). #4 water heated up in hot water cylider(permanently connected to the mains, keeping 60C 24/7). Once summer come back, power bill will dropped few times. It's just a life.
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

security16

300AUD per month? Easy. #1 there is winter. #2 she have baby. #3 using heater(heat pump). #4 water heated up in hot water cylider(permanently connected to the mains, keeping 60C 24/7). Once summer come back, power bill will dropped few times. It's just a life.
[/quote]

I've never had a bill over $400 ever! before the husband left he changed electricity providers then dumped it in my name and I'm now stuck on a contract I neither signed up for nor wanted! I've limited my use of everything I have a feeling there is a huge error on the bill because none of it makes sense and it looks like i've been charged twice!

Also having to move furniture on my own is pretty fucking annoying but now I can be warm in my bed away from the ikky windows and not fear the dustbunnies under the bed anymore!

nerdynebraskan

I just racked up a $200 (US) electric bill. It's my first summer in my new house, and summers here are pretty toasty so I've had the AC working pretty much 24/7. I'm sure next month's will be just as bad. I might have to figure out some alternatives for next year. I also had $200 heating bills in the winter (which are also pretty harsh here). I'm probably going to be upgrading my insulation next year if I can afford it.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

wholesalewatch648

i know what is annoying paying $750.00 for a single dinner at border grill in santa monica , not going there again, of course we did get 5 bottle of wine and most of us got the 36 dollar steak nothing like 18% tip  :'(
menu:

http://www.bordergrill.com/PDF/BGSM_Dinner.pdf
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

L___E___T

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Cheetahmen

$750 for a dinner? You could just go to Dollar Tree, get a microwavable burger and spend the other $749 on arcade machines. :D
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

wholesalewatch648

July 27, 2013, 05:15:45 pm #1148 Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:21:31 pm by wholesalewatch648
was going to go to mcdonalds but i was outnumbered  :'( of course i didnt pay for the dinner,  but still  :-\
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

security16

For $750 i'd want at least 2 whole cows, a whole sheep, a whole pig and at least 3 bottles of vodka!!

Cheetahmen

July 27, 2013, 06:17:07 pm #1150 Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 03:35:26 pm by Cheetahmen
For $750 I'd want 3 months worth of lager. ;)

Getting up at 8:30AM when I go to bed at 3AM. I don't understand why but I'm tired as a result. Going to bed earlier doesn't help much. ???
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

L___E___T

I have the same problem, my brain is way more active at night (i.e. right now) than it is is the morning.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: Cheetahmen on July 27, 2013, 06:17:07 pm

Getting up at 8:30AM when I go to bed at 3AM. I don't understand why but I'm tired as a result. Going to bed earlier doesn't help much. ???

Are you having trouble falling asleep earlier, or is it just no matter how much sleep you get, you're always tired?

Taking naps during the middle of the day might help.

wholesalewatch648

something else that annoys me: paying extra for tracking number at the post office only to have it never updated into the system

nintendodork

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on July 28, 2013, 06:07:11 pm
Quote from: Cheetahmen on July 27, 2013, 06:17:07 pm

Are you having trouble falling asleep earlier, or is it just no matter how much sleep you get, you're always tired?

Taking naps during the middle of the day might help.
I have the same problem sometimes and taking naps doesn't do much for me.  I tend to oversleep if I don't set an alarm or I'll wake up more tired than I was when I laid down.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat