Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdynebraskan

People who are too lazy, greedy, or otherwise ignorant to actually put fair prices on something I want.

Someone is selling a nice CIB Sega Menacer on a local selling page here, but he's asking $100 for it. I emailed him, and tried to talk him down by providing apples-to-apples Ebay listings selling for $16-32 (plus shipping).

He declines, and counters by throwing me an active Ebay link for one for $100. Grr... As I wrote him back, Ebay is only a credible price guide when you're using Sold or Completed Listings. People list things there for ten times their actual value all the time, but they don't actually sell.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

L___E___T

My point exactly - used bookstores actually do that as well by going to Amazon and then looking at what people are asking for on the Marketplace.  You take a book to the counter or ask how much it is - giveaway is when they ask for the ISBN number and then sit at their computer looking it up on 'the system' for 5 minutes before blurting a price they seem to have complete confidence in.  Just daft, completely daft.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fredJ

It annoys me that I am supposed to leave feedback on ebay as soon as I receive the item.

How am I supposed to know the quality without testing it for a couple of months at least?

Typical in the consumerism society... You got it, it works, so no problem. Especially the mentality with the cheap stuff from China.

and always: "please leave feedback with five stars". Right, as if testing for a couple of hours I know this item has a 5-star quality.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

thepandaofnom

Quote from: nerdynebraskan on July 20, 2014, 10:41:23 am
People who are too lazy, greedy, or otherwise ignorant to actually put fair prices on something I want.

Someone is selling a nice CIB Sega Menacer on a local selling page here, but he's asking $100 for it. I emailed him, and tried to talk him down by providing apples-to-apples Ebay listings selling for $16-32 (plus shipping).

He declines, and counters by throwing me an active Ebay link for one for $100. Grr... As I wrote him back, Ebay is only a credible price guide when you're using Sold or Completed Listings. People list things there for ten times their actual value all the time, but they don't actually sell.

I agree. In long island where I live their are groups of resells that are aggressively going around and snatching up any video game worth anything from yard sales, thrift shops and any other venue you can buy them at. Then they turn around and sell them on eBay or in their own store for mega money. Pleas tell me how Mario for the nes is worth $20 -30 when it came with almost every darn system made. I was in one of the thrift shops and was talking to a guy when he said he was a reseller as if it was a badge of honor and that he didn't even play game. I looked in his cart ad he had about 20 games in his cart and just on the top $3 of witch I wanted. chono trigger, golden sun and final fantasy for the nes. All were listed with the stores label for $4.99. A fair as hell price for me. I asked the guy that since he wasn't going to play them would he mind letting me take one or two of them. He proceeded to hand me his eBay card and tell me that I can buy them from him once he post them online. For the giggles I went and looked at the prices of the games that he got before me and chrono was $75 golden sun was $25 and final fantasy was $45. This is what grinds my gears.

DDCecil

The drivers of my fair city. They all need to go and re-take drivers ed. Every single one of them.

security16

My ex denying that my son has autism even with the psychologists report confirming it. Now I have to go to court all because he doesn't want to do what is best for the child  :fire:

Zero107

I feel people are getting too old, too fast.

I always imagined your 20s would be the time to spend with friends, having a ton of sex with different people, traveling, doing interesting stuff and so on.

But apparently everyone just wants a relationship where everything is normal and boring and shit.
I'll probably die surrounded by plastic crap.

security16

You're doing it wrong then. I jammed all of that into my 20's

Zero107

I'm referring to those around me  :pacman:
I'll probably die surrounded by plastic crap.

security16

Getting the whole we should just be friends speech  :'(

P

L___E___T

Dang it even reached Sweden!  It's been bad here but it was nigh unbearable when I visited China.  Thailand not so much because you are on a tropical island anyway, but that heat in the smoggy cities of China was stifling.

I can't complain though we pray for this kind of weather all year round here in England.  Hong Kong was fine because 90% of places had heavenly air con!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

Oh we often get around 30 C in summer but this year is more like 34 C. Swedish buildings generally have good insulation but my shitty apartment doesn't. I'm fine with the cold in winter if I just put on a sweater, but there's not much I can do against this heat when I have to sit in front of the computer all day with this stupid report.

Quote from: L___E___T on July 29, 2014, 12:25:23 pm
I can't complain though we pray for this kind of weather all year round here in England.
Swedish do that too, summer is generally the most loved season here. Personally I prefer spring.

security16

Unreliable fuck buddies or ones where only they get off  :( Also my lack of decent PAL SNES games

UglyJoe