Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron

Yesterday, I was at one of those famiclone kiosks at the mall. It had a nice selection: The Super Joy penguin, a Wii ripoff, but what caught my eye was a pirate multi-cart in the back of the penguin. I asked the lady if they sold the cartridges alone, and she said she would. Score, right? Wrong. She would not sell me the cartridge unless I had a system to play it on, and she didn't know what a Famicom was. She wouldn't give me the game unless I brought my Famicom to the mall and showed it to her.
That is the most annoying thing that's happened to me in a long time.

nintendodork

That's stupid!!  Why does she (or the mall) care if you have a system or not??  Besides, what you use the game for is private.  They don't know you're going to play it.  Maybe you just want the shell.  Wow.  That sucks.  How much were the Penguins w/ a game?  If they weren't too bad, I would've probably just bought the Penguin, seeing as it's one of the coolest Famiclones out there :P
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Byron

I didn't ask how much the penguin was. Probably not too expensive, it is a mall kiosk after all.
Those penguins are pretty awesome. I found one at a garage sale once. I got it home, and found out it was broken. >:(
also annoying.

Blue Protoman

Rule 1 of buying video games at garage sales; ask for them to be tested.
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

133MHz

Not always possible, especially when there's no game console / TV / electricity nearby. You're always at a risk, and that's part of the fun of it.

nintendodork

Anyone who thinks graphics are a high priority in games.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

japanfreak

Yeah, I said that last time on a dutch forum and what they said: Thats the saddest thing i ever heard. First person shooters need it. And hes a game critic!! Just like me. And whats rule #1 for a game critic? Stay nice to your viewers! DAMMIT!

The only graphics we need are: the nes, snes and n64 graphics! I HATE THE NEW GRAPHICS! And I hate those sony fans who are always: Ha! You own a Wii? Kiddy. Me: It has some awesome exclusive games! Idiot: Well look at the graphics of the ps3 games! Me: Well, every gamer knows its not about graphics, its about gameplay. Idiot: WUT!? Graphics are the most important!

Its not that I hate Sony or Microsoft, but the fans are horrible!

FamicomFreak

The ER waiting room! So boring!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Mindfreak

FamicomFreak

My brother was there. He needs to get his gallbladder taken off because of some stones he has in it. Anyways, not in the ER anymore but in a hospital room. It's kinda of boring but at least they have wifi woot!! 
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nintendodork

People who call a GBA a Game Boy Advanced, instead of just a Game Boy Advance.  I see this all too often in local garage sale ads and other random places.

Blue Protoman

People who bring up memes a lot on message boards
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

famiac

I had to take a blood test and my veins would not come out so the nurse had to stick the needle in 4 different veins before finding a reachable one, it hurt a lot specially because that last vein was in my hand...

ouch >:(

Byron

So, you guys remember my truck, right? Well, I just got off the phone with a friend of mine. He's a down-to-earth, decent person, but he lives in one of those gated communities where everybody's really rich and stuck up. He told me that recently his neighbors came to his door bitching about my truck, saying that I should keep it out of their neighborhood because it's "lowering the resale value of their houses." He laughed at them and closed the door. 
I can't stop laughing either, but still, I love my truck and when someone looks down on me for driving it, it's pretty insulting. So, what annoys me today is people who are so rich and wrapped up in their status and image they've lost touch with reality completely.

nintendodork

Wow.  Just...wow.  First of all, your truck is a classic, and in excellent condition.  Not some rusty POS that is the birthplace to a swarm of bugs/rodents.  If anything, they themselves are lowering their houses resale value. >:(