Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nensondubois

Quote from: nintendodork on October 23, 2009, 08:05:06 pm
DON'T MODERATE THE MODERATOR.

I also didn't know that Wario's Woods got an ESRB rating.  Is it on the cartridge, or just the box?

Cartridge. I don't have the box so I don't know but I'm assuming it would be there too.

nintendodork

Then what about CERO?  In Japan, when did they start putting ratings on stuff?  The box for Wario no Mori shows no indication of a CERO rating whatsoever.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

Game ratings suck balls, especially the ESRB - they boss game companies around and they actually have zip legal authority even though they act like Judge Dredd getting Fallout 3 posters pulled etc and fining people.  Would rather not have to deal with them and their meddling ways.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

Please tell me when the ESRB has fined someone.

nensondubois

They haven't but apparently the ESRB influenced New York state law to enact ID checking on people under 18 when they purchase an M rated game.

Quote from: L___E___T on October 24, 2009, 04:32:57 pm
Game ratings suck balls, especially the ESRB - they boss game companies around and they actually have zip legal authority even though they act like Judge Dredd getting Fallout 3 posters pulled etc and fining people.  Would rather not have to deal with them and their meddling ways.

The ESRB also ruins game labels and boxart with their arrogant logo.

The ESRB made us lose Bonanza Bros and the Streets of Rage series in Sonic gems Collection while Japan and everywhere else got those games. >:(

nensondubois

Sheesh! These rating systems really need to die!

UglyJoe

Quote from: L___E___T on October 24, 2009, 05:12:54 pm
You're serious right?  They have fined lots, you just don't hear about it.  Ironically, they didn't fine for the hot coffee thing straight off the bat.  But it had worse connotations.

Yes, I'm serious.  I have never heard of them fining anyone.  Their FAQ says that the publishers are legally bound to fully disclose all "pertinent content" and can issues fines if they submit only part of the content.  If that's why they're issuing fines, it's probably due to a mistake on the publisher's end.

Quote from: nensondubois on October 24, 2009, 05:35:39 pm
Sheesh! These rating systems really need to die!

You have no idea what purpose they serve, do you?  If there weren't an independent ratings board for games (and movies), there's a very good chance they'd all be federally regulated.  The ESRB is the main thing keeping the "won't somebody please think of the children" nutjobs from screwing up videogames for everyone.

cubelmariomadness

When people brag about their DSi. I own one, but I don't shove it into people's faces. The conversation I normally hear is like someone asks if someone has a DS, and the other person says, Oh Yeah! I have a DSi! It takes pictures, and records stuff, AND I CAN MAKE MOVIES ON IT!
::) Yeah. 2 color little flipbook style movies.
Sorry folks.

nensondubois

When video game systems have their support dropped by their official companies.

nensondubois

When a company called Intellivision Lives screws up on your mailing order. >:( I ordered a music CD but instead they gave me a game.

UglyJoe

nensondubois

Stores stocking for Christmas in November.

manuel

Many stores in Germany start stocking Christmas items as soon as September. And yes, it's annoying.

nensondubois

When people censor free speech, especially if no one is hurt. >:(

cubelmariomadness

I hate that seal in Antarctic Adventure.
Sorry folks.