Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightstar699

Isn't nintendo japanese, not english? :p
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

133MHz

When people use this emoticon and its countless derivatives on MSN conversations.

nensondubois

Jedi Master Baiter

Twitter - I don't even use it & it's annoying :o

nintendodork

I hate Twitter too.  It's basically the Facebook status update...and that's it, except people think it's cool to post what you ate for breakfast.  My last thing you did thread is close enough to Twitter. :P

Is anyone else here aware that Nintendo has Twitter now?

@Nintendo: Had a big bowl of marketshare flakes this morning.  Now we're off to throw that Seal of Approval at some more shovelware.  Oh, and Club Nintendo of America released some mediocre new rewards!
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

UglyJoe

Here's the thing with Twitter:  it is effectively a blog in which anyone and everyone can post about anything and everything.  The username is the author of the post, @username posts are comments, and the #topic hashtags are post tags. 

The trick to enjoying Twitter is to realize this and filter things accordingly, such that you are left with a blog that contains posts only by people and/or topics that you are interested in.

son_ov_hades

Twitter is great if you know how to use it.

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: UglyJoe on December 18, 2009, 09:32:40 am
The trick to enjoying Twitter is to realize this and filter things accordingly, such that you are left with a blog that contains posts only by people and/or topics that you are interested in.

The trick to employing Twitter is people not realizing it is a cheap marketing ploy.

FamicomFreak

That's true Jedi I'm thinking of using Twitter to promote my blog. I read in some random site on how to promote your blog that it's a great way to gain popularity har har har!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

L___E___T

I can see Nenson is annoyed but I think you need to put into perspective it's just a tag.  Best bet is to go directly onto that forum and tell everyone about what he's been doing, shame him where it counts.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

When people overuse the ":p" emoticon.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nintendodork

That annoys me a lot, too.

People in my class are just now figuring out how to flip text upside down.  Which is stupid.  So when I hop on Facebook, I see at least 8 different people with upside down text.  It's so annoying to read.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: Nightstar699 on December 21, 2009, 07:13:40 pm
When people overuse the ":p" emoticon.

When people overuse "lol" unless they actually are laughing out loud all those times, in which case I'd be a little disturbed.

Nightstar699

Yeah, LQTM is a lot more honest.