Famicom Disk System (FDS) errors

Started by JC, September 03, 2006, 11:28:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

ckenda1

January 25, 2009, 11:52:11 am #61 Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 04:02:04 am by manuel
I've erased the saves on all 7 disks that I have had. (of Doki Doki Panic)

EDIT: Third time, now. Please press Reply instead of Quote.  --JC
EDIT: Every other board I use does it one way; apparently this one breaks convention.  --Carl
EDIT: JC especially made a new nice reply button. --manuel

Trium Shockwave

That just seems dicey to me. FDS games are prone to self destruct on their own, no need for me to encourage it. Besides, there's no advantage to erasing DDP. There's nothing stopping you from playing through the game as each character again, and nothing will be different. My copy came fully beaten, and I just like to hop around at complete random.

JC

Well, I would want to erase it to try to beat it from scratch myself, with ability to just ship the hard chapters. Regardless, I guess, it don't erase for me, so I get to jump ahead anyway.

nensondubois

So I guess there's no official answer to erasing Disk saves. The only thing I can offer is using a Disk Writer and re-writing the game if the game is on the Disk writer but I don't know if Doki Doki Panic is.

JC

There aren't any Disk Writers available for writing. But, you're right that you could demagnetize the disk to erase and then rewrite the game -- though the ROM might have unerased saves.

jimhmphry

wont load on the second side >:( says err 27 ive seen some post that state this is  a tuning issue but other that say its a bad disk . i got it from the famicom shop  whats there return polisy? ???

manuel

You better ask the shop yourself instead of us for the return policy.  ;)

ericj

Error 27 is"Block end mark seen but ends prematurely." I had a few disks that did that. Try deleting the saved players (games) on the disk. This allowed me to use the disks after I setup a new player 'account'.

nurd

Try  very genty rubbing the actual disk part with a qtip, or shaking it. That's what I usually do :|

manuel

Shaking is what I do, too.  ;D But I'm not sure why that helps. And it doesn't most of the time.  :'(

nurd

I got really mad at Kid Icarus disk, so I threw it down the stairs at a wood floor.

Then it worked.

But don't do that.

manuel

We Germans do that all the time. Use brute force to repair stuff.

TV won't work? Slap it hard and it's ok again. Works often for me.  :D

jimhmphry

to get to the saved games you have to load side b :-[

ckenda1

Quote from: jimhmphry on February 09, 2009, 05:40:41 pm
wont load on the second side >:( says err 27 ive seen some post that state this is  a tuning issue but other that say its a bad disk . i got it from the famicom shop  whats there return polisy? ???

You can read our return policy here:
https://famicomshop.com/shipreturns

As far as error 27, that usually means your FDS motor needs tuning.  It is likely reading the disks too slowly and the motor needs adjusting.  Error 22 usually means the opposite, meaning the disks are read too fast.

I did test the disk before it left here and it worked fine.

Please PM me or email me at carl@famicomshop.com with any issues.

Thanks,
Carl