Famicom Disk System (FDS) errors

Started by JC, September 03, 2006, 11:28:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ericj

I've found that with error 27, if you can get to the screen where you choose a saved game, if you delete all the saved games, the disk will work okay again. If you get this error before you get to that screen, your disk is probably shit. Error 27 is 'block end mark seen but ends prematurely'.

I always hold my breath when I load a FDS game, 'cuz you never know when that fuckin' belt is gonna snap or an error code is gonna pop up.

133MHz

Why isn't FDSLoadr a solution? ???
(I don't have a FDS so I never had much interest in it - I wanna know why it didn't take off among FDS fans)

nurd

There aren't really any detailed instructions for it.

The kind with close, high quality pictures, and red circles.

Also I'm a child.

nintendodork

I was looking through my DDP instruction booklet, and I noticed it had a chart that told what all the BIOS errors meant.  Could someone give me an English list of these?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

nintendodork

January 20, 2009, 07:00:00 pm #50 Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 12:37:05 pm by nintendodork
Yes, actually...

Thanks alot eric! :D

EDIT** lol how would you get error 2?
QuoteErr. 02 = No disk power supply -- batteries and/or AC adaptor.

or error 30
QuoteErr. 30 = No space left on disk card (full).

I swear..some of the things Nintendo of Japan thinks of :P

Quote from: 133MHz on July 21, 2008, 11:14:49 pm
(I don't have a FDS
Hm?
Quote from: popibros1 on December 30, 2008, 04:56:39 pm
Quote from: nintendodork on December 30, 2008, 04:51:51 pm
BUMP

So I take it 133MHz still doesn't have the FDS :-/

no he has it.
plus he knows how to write disks..
but give him time to make a thread about it...k?
HMMMMMMM?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ckenda1

January 23, 2009, 10:43:09 am #51 Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:49:13 am by ckenda1
It is the Battery error meaning it isn't getting current from the AC or Batteries.

I've tried brand new C batteries as well as an AC adaptor.  I've pulled the board out and hooked everything back in.

Still get the same error.  The board doesn't appear to have been burnt or anything; the system is just not getting power.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

133MHz

You have to distinguish between the disk drive not getting power and the good battery signal not being generated.
Both of them cause ERR. 02 by different reasons.

nintendodork

How can you even get Error 2?  If there's no current going through the FDS, how can it power on and tell you there's an error?

ckenda1

January 23, 2009, 10:47:46 am #54 Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 01:08:37 pm by JC
Quote from: nintendodork on January 23, 2009, 10:46:16 am
How can you even get Error 2?  If there's no current going through the FDS, how can it power on and tell you there's an error?

Because the error comes from the RAM adaptor presumably.  Which is in the FC, which does have power.

Quote from: 133MHz on January 23, 2009, 10:44:52 am
You have to distinguish between the disk drive not getting power and the good battery signal not being generated.
Both of them cause ERR. 02 by different reasons.

How would I go about doing that?  What are my options?

Thanks

EDIT: Removed double post.  --JC

nintendodork

Oh, so it turns on through the FC..

I get it.

nensondubois

Rogles

( ยด_ゝ`)

JC

Perhaps that's not even a funny suggestion 'cause someone might take it serious. Each game's erase function may be slightly different. Some games give you the option to kill your save. Some, like Doki Doki Panic, don't have an erase feature.

nintendodork

But you can erase the save without harming the disk on DDP