Rewrite question

Started by tjsynkral, November 06, 2016, 03:35:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tjsynkral

I am trying to rewrite (restore) my FDS games using the FDSStick and Disk Keeper. It works great as long as I play the rewritten game in the same FDS which wrote it.
However it gives Error 22 in other FDSes which are calibrated to play original, never-rewritten disks. I calibrated another FDS (post belt replacement) to play a rewritten game and it could not play an original game, then I calibrated it to play original games and that stopped the rewritten games from working.
Yet all along the drive which rewrote that disk plays both that disk and the original games perfectly fine.

This may be old news to all of you, so I'm wondering if rewritten disks are simply not usable or if someone has found a way to calibrate the drive to exactly match Nintendo's disk writers or some other info?

Syco54645

Calibration is very finicky from what I can tell. Mine reads factory games. Have only tried games that I rewrote in it thus far but they work fine though that make sense as it is the same drive that wrote them.

P

This is the main problem with rewriting disks.