Super Contra 7

Started by JC, August 23, 2008, 09:34:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

August 23, 2008, 09:34:07 pm Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:33:01 pm by JC
Does anyone know if Super Contra 7 (also called Super Contra 8.) is a hack or an original? It looks like an original to me, but I've been coming across a lot of clones, or what really amount to extensive hacks of original games.

Jabra

I think it is a hack ! I haven't played it but only had a look..... and from the first look I felt it is a hack of another game !

UglyJoe

August 24, 2008, 08:31:02 am #2 Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 09:00:56 am by UglyJoe
It looks like an original hack to me, as far as gameplay goes (it's way too unpolished for a real game).  However, a lot of the graphics are stolen from other games.  The first level, for example, is stolen from Mighty Final Fight:

(lol at "otototel")

edit:

I just played through it.  I'm sure some of their background graphics are stolen from other games, but I'm not sure which games.  Most/all of the sprites are taken from Contra or Super C, with the exception of the boss graphics, which are so terrible that I'd believe they made them themselves.  I laughed at the final boss, though, since he looks like an aborted version of Contra's level 3 boss:

JC

Nice. I've been running into a lot of games like Super Contra 7, in that they mash up several games or they make original-looking clones of existing games. I just got a pirate with about 15 of these types of originals. I guess we'd call them originals.

Even with the stolen graphics, etc., Super C7 isn't all that bad for a few goes at it.

FamicomFreak

It's really fun when you play it with a buddy.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

zeh5

SC7 looks like some fami games combined togehter Lol but still cool :)