List of NES carts with Famicom pin converters inside

Started by JC, September 22, 2008, 10:34:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

Some NES carts came with Famicom boards and a pin converter inside. Below is a list of the carts in which converters have been found, so we think. I'm hoping to add and subtract based on what people know.

Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong Jr.
Duck Hunt
Elevator Action
Excitebike
Golf
Gumshoe
Gun.Smoke
Gyromite
Hogan's Alley
Legendary Wings
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (?)
Pinball
Raid on Bungeling Bay
Rygar
Soccer
Stack Up
Tennis
Urban Champion
Wizards and Warriors
Wrecking Crew

michaelthegreat

From what I know, only one Mike Tyson's punch out has ever been found with one in it (and I'm still hesitant on it's validity myself), so don't get too excited about finding that one.

satoshi_matrix

Add to that, MTPO is usually an expensive game compared to the others.

ericj

It's not necessary to damage the NES cart looking for converters. You can usually tell if they have a converter by looking at the pins on the bottom of the cart, and there is a tool (socket) you can buy to remove the screws when you want to open up the cartridge. It's only costs about $1. :P

son_ov_hades

Yeah damaging the carts is unnecessary, I have the 3.8 key and it works wonders.

UglyJoe

ericj

September 24, 2008, 06:46:45 pm #6 Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 06:56:13 pm by ericj
Check out ebay or your local hardware store, the socket should be readily available. It's ridiculous to tear apart & damage carts when the piece only costs a buck or two.  ::)

EDIT: Oh, and unless you're reporting the carts you're damaging to some national NES cartridge tracking agency (which doesn't exist to my knowledge), you may in fact be making the supply of them less by damaging them, but no one will ever know that there is less of a supply of them and the value would never change. It's like if I had a hundred $3 bills and burned 10 of them. People would still assume there were 100 $3 bills in my possession unless I reported the damaged ones to some sort of tracking agency and my 10 could be deleted from the supply quantity.

Jabra

According to my knowledge, Legendary Wings was not released for the famicom..... so does that mean that there is a famicom board for this game, but not released officialy for the famicom ?

JC

That's a very good question. I'd love to see photographic proof of this game's board and converter.

michaelthegreat

So how many of the games in the list have american differences other than Legendary?

Jabra

By the way.... I have been looking for  Legendary Wings famicom pirate cart for more than 10 years but I can't find it.... But I'm sure that this pirate exist because I played it with a friend when I was 7 years old !

metalfoxx

How often do five screw NES carts have the converter inside?  I'm looking at a couple 5 screw wrecking crew & gyromites.  Will they all have the converter or were some made without?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jedi Master Baiter

The chances of there being a converter inside depends on the game.  If you want a surefire way of getting a converter, buy an NTSC Stack-Up cart.

son_ov_hades

turbo D

It took about 8-10 gyromites before I found one. haha. My brother jacked it from me though, lol!
FC HVC-001 HC4593710 CPU-GPM-02 1989
FDS HVC-022 D1072158 FD7201P 6602 + new belt!
My FF setup!