April 28, 2024, 01:32:56 pm

Punch-Out!!

Started by PatMan33, October 02, 2008, 05:26:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PatMan33

There was more news today from Nintendo besides their new DS model. It turns out that they had this golden nugget to share with us. Take a look, but brace yourselves because it is not for the faint of heart.

Are you still there? Are you still breathing? What did you think? Awesome announcement or the most awesome announcement?

son_ov_hades

Yeah it was indeed awesome. I'm still waiting for Kid Icarus though!

UglyJoe

Nintendo's next console should just be the NES, since whenever they release an NES game, people go nuts.

son_ov_hades

nurd

They should make some new NES games. For NES.

NintendoNerds

I'll be getting this game for sure. Does anyone know if it's going to be Wi-Fi?

PatMan33

According to a recent news story Punch-Out!! (a WiiWare title) will be rated E and this has led some to speculate that the game will be coming out soon, hopefully!

Read up on it for yourself!

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Jedi Master Baiter

Just a quick question, who did you play as on Super Punch Out!!? The guy didn't look like Little Mac.

FamicomFreak

You played as Little Mac's muscular brother Nac
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

NintendoNerds

Quote from: PatMan33 on January 11, 2009, 09:53:26 pm
According to a recent news story Punch-Out!! (a WiiWare title) will be rated E and this has led some to speculate that the game will be coming out soon, hopefully!

Read up on it for yourself!

I'm a bit confused in this thread. PatMan33, you created this topic about Punch-Out!!, the Wii version. I think a few of us are getting confused about what version this thread was intended for, which is Punch-Out!! Wii. The link to the video in the first post is for Punch-Out!! Wii.

Also, from what I see and read, there isn't any scheduled release for a Punch-Out!! version for WiiWare. There is however going to be a Super Punch-Out!! for the Virtual Console (SNES), which will be released around the same time as Punch-Out!! Wii sometime later this Spring.

PatMan33

Yeah, the topic is about Punch-Out for the Wii. You're thinking too much, my friend! :D

The assumption (not mine, I read the story on Kotaku) was that since Punch-Out is already out on the Virtual Console, the one mentioned in the ESRB report is the new version. One of the theories was that the Punch-Out Wii and Super Punch-Out would be released around the same time... kind of a promotion thing!

Either way, who cares if people are talking about another Punch-Out game? The more the merrier!

So wait, did any of you like Super Punch-Out? :o

Jedi Master Baiter

I haven't played Super Punch Out!!

NintendoNerds

Quote from: PatMan33 on January 12, 2009, 06:54:21 pmEither way, who cares if people are talking about another Punch-Out game? The more the merrier!

Just a little confusing, that's all. It doesn't matter to me in the least bit...I was just trying to figure out what version of Punch-Out!! to reply to since they are different.

Anyway, Super-Punch-Out!! is awesome. The change from 8-bit (NES) to 16-bit (SNES) was pretty amazing. The opponents were bigger too :)

PatMan33

Look! Look!

Do you see?
Quote from: Nintendo/KotakuPunch-Out!! - May 18

Also...
Quote from: Nintendo/KotakuPeggle™ Dual Shot - March 3

:D