April 29, 2024, 02:55:31 am

Nintendo Wii Anyone???

Started by vealchop, September 15, 2006, 01:57:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vealchop

Who's getting one? I'll be picking one up first day for sure.
-chop

nes_pwnerer

Probably get one for Christmas. I'll probably be pitching in though.

vealchop

man you might want to try to get one earlier....with a $250 price point theyre going to go fast.
-chop

JC

Not one for me...I can't stand newer games, and if I want to play NES games, I'd be happy to buy them for the NES instead of Wii. Some say I should branch out to other consoles, but I'm quite satisfied with 8-bit.

nes_pwnerer

I'm probably going to end up not using the VC feature. The games are better off in their original forms.

And I would like it earlier, but again, no money. However, I think I'm getting a job at a local game store, so who knows...

Doc

I'll make sure to try to get it a launch.

TheSSNintendo

Virtual Console is gonna be great. The 3rd party companies are putting their games on it, and the MSX Arcade or whatever it is will have some games on the VC as well.

Slushie

I've been planning on trying to pre-order one at a local game store, then picking it up the day it comes out.

With all the hype around the Wii, I know that it will sell out fast, I bet pre-orders may sell out fast.

Quote from: vealchop on September 15, 2006, 02:46:02 pm
with a $250 price point theyre going to go fast.

Very good point there.

nes_pwnerer

super56k

I will definitely snag one.  Although I never buy a console at launch.  I usually wait a year.  That way hopefully all of the major bugs will be worked out, and sometimes, the price has dropped.

Some people have learned this the hard way. (PS2)
I am currently working on a homepage...  details to follow.

Stan Hansen

if i DO decide to get one (which is a long shot, at this point) ill probably wait a good while after the launch to get one... you know how the first wave is usually bugged pretty bad (atleast with sony and microsoft stuff, it is)

Doc

Yeah, but that's Sony and Microsoft. They always have bugs in their crap.

michaelthegreat

True, but the first famicom is the only system I remember that was truely totally recalled... 

I do want a wii, but I don't think I can afford one this fall. I might be able to scrounge up the $250, but it's then the $60 per complete controller and the $50 per game that really scares me away.  I  I think if I wait till next Christmas that they'll surely have some deal where you get an extra controller or some free downloads or something.  I figure that the great games will either have a price drop or be cheap used by then.

vealchop

I've never been letdown by Nintendo, I'll definately be picking one up on release day. I don't think a second wii controller is 60 bucks though, I heard 30.

Plus, since this is a unique system, I think it will appeal to a much more diverse crowd of gamers. For example, my girlfriend HATES video games. We were at a Best Buy a few weeks ago and she picked up Guitar Hero, played one game, and looked at me and said "we're getting this!!!!", first game she ever wanted to own in her life. Someone like my girlfriend will be more inclined to pick up a Wii controller and play a few games than a PS3 or Xbox controller, I just think the possiblity for fun times is greater buying the Wii. Also, I'm not about to fork over 600 for the PS3 and I'm probably not investing in an XBOX360 until the price drops.
-chop

michaelthegreat

It's $40 for the controller and $20 for the nunchuck...