Color TV-Game and Super Famicom

Started by PatMan33, December 12, 2008, 05:03:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PatMan33

Do any of you guys know some good sites that are the CTG and Super Famicom equivalent of Famicom World? Also would any of you be aware of good places (that aren't eBay) to buy stuff related to either?

Thank you! :)

manuel

I'd also love to know a good Super Famicom forum/site of a quality like Famicom World.
If anybody know, please do tell.

satoshi_matrix

It seems to me that Famicom World should just expand to encompass the SFC as well. Add a Super Famicom section to the forum, add in some SFC specific content. It would help us grow, and the majority of our userbase are also big SNES fans and might even consider themselves bigger SFC fans than FC fans even.

manuel

That's true for me.
I love my Famicom a lot, but the Super Famicom just this little bit more.

PatMan33

Hey, I'll second that! That next generation after the Famicom/Nintendo was awwwesome!

son_ov_hades

I sided with Sega during the 16-bit era ::)

thegreatgonzo

Hmm..being as this is Famicom World... and Super Famicom has "Famicom" in its name... there is only one logical outcome. More Super Famicom content! 8)
Dance, puppets... dance!

manuel

I'd also be glad about a Super Famicom corner, but JC and Ugly Joe are already busy enough with the Famicom stuff I think.

Adding a new console would add quite some workload. I'm not even sure if the owners of the site are interested in the SFC.

nintendodork

I never did get into 16-Bit gaming that much...I have a SNES but, I never use it that much...unless I have a need to blast space moles with a bazooka :P
I was born right after the N64 came out... so I was in the "Everyone talks about how obselete the SNES is compared the N64"  and I was also born a few years after the Top Loading NES...which sucks

But anyway, the Super Famicom/SNES isn't as great because:

No FDS
Not nearly as many peripherals
Easier  to play on other region systems (i.e Super Famicom games on SNES, which just takes away from Japanese Nostalgia :P)

So I think that this site should just be devoted to the Famicom...because it was waaaaayyyyyy better
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ericj

Quote from: nintendodork on December 24, 2008, 01:40:22 pm
No FDS

There's no FDS, but there are various pirate 3 1/2" disk systems for the SNES/SFC that can be used to copy games. You can find them from time to time on Ebay.

manuel

What do you need an FDS for?

The SFC had more games then the Famicom with the FDS.

There were also quite a lot of peripherals.

PatMan33

Let's just get this out there. The Famicom/Nintendo is great but the Super Famicom/Super Nintendo kicks its ass in every possible way. I mean seriously... screw the Nintendo, the Super Nintendo did everything better.

FamicomFreak

This is interesting....I did liked the SNES back in the days but the NES really gave me the best memories and games. I wouldn't mind if there was a SFC section though.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

son_ov_hades

8-bit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>16-bit

manuel

I guess it all comes down to personal tastes in the end.