Is the Virtual Boy harmful ?

Started by Mindfreak, December 12, 2008, 09:42:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

It all depends. If you have poor eyesight when you're not wearing glasses, then it's going to REALLY hurt after around 20-30 minutes with your glasses on. Your sensitive eyes are not used to the red and black colors. I really was only ever able to play around 20-30 minutes at a time before my head hurt REALLY bad and I'd have to close my eyes. Then again, other times it would take much longer. I guess it depends on what game you play... if you're playing one that have your character constantly moving, it affects your eyes more.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: manuel on December 17, 2008, 04:42:09 am
I'll gladly take this devil off your hands free of charge. :D

AWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nintendodork

Actually, I have glasses and I still haven't had any problems with it.  And no I didn't get the case with it...but still...I think $30 is a good deal
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

PatMan33

Definitely a good deal! Yeah don't worry if you have glasses. I've got a pretty heavy prescription and haven't had any issues.

Mindfreak

Quote from: nintendodork on December 15, 2008, 03:10:52 pm
I got a VB at a used gaming store...but it was CIB w/ Mario's Tennis for $30.  Is that a good deal?

That's an awesome deal!

michaelthegreat

It's kinda interesting that the virtual boy gets flack for causing headaches and dizziness. I know quite a few people who get headaches and dizziness from 3rd person shooters. In fact, my wife can't play katamari because it makes her feel sick.

manuel

That must be because all the strong colors.

nintendodork

I...LOVE Katamari!!  It's one of the few reasons I put up with Sony :P
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel

I somehow couldn't get into Katamari. I was ticked off by the time limit that didn't let me explore the worlds and those stupid mice bumping into me.  >:(

PatMan33

But surely that catchy music brought you right back in!!!

nurd

The second one is better. :D
Just don't let anybody see the disc, they'll think you're weird xD

PatMan33

Are you implying that he or any one of us is not weird? :P

FamicomFreak

hehehe hey you should try and get Wario World or whatever that game is called for the VB it's a great game but I couldn't finish it off because of the head aches....awaaaaaa!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nintendodork

Wario Land for the VB is a great game, in fact it is one of my favorites for the VB...

Katamari Damacy is better than the first one, which I beat ;D (The second one, that is :P)

nurd

Um..

The first game is "Katamari Damacy"

The SECOND, and superior, is "We  ♥ Katamari"