Club Nintendo is now available for North America.

Started by KEVMAN569, December 15, 2008, 07:28:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nurd

My email was already signed up somehow, so I changed the password, but there is no "Forgot Username" thing, so I can't use it. Damn. :P

Paul-FC

Quote from: nurd on December 16, 2008, 01:17:18 pm
but there is no "Forgot Username" thing, so I can't use it. Damn. :P

same here!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

turbo D

You can login using your email address/password, no username required. That's what I just did. After I was logged in, I was greeted with my username!

edit:
Why is the club Nintendo site soooo slow? >:(
FC HVC-001 HC4593710 CPU-GPM-02 1989
FDS HVC-022 D1072158 FD7201P 6602 + new belt!
My FF setup!

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

PatMan33

For anyone who cares, I got a response from Nintendo just now...

Quote from: Nintendo of AmericaHello Pat,

We have heard from a few who, like you, have been long-time participants in the previous registration program with concerns about Club Nintendo registration program. Your having registered as much product as you have is impressive, to say the least. I will be sure to forward your feedback regarding Club Nintendo registration for further review.

I'm sure you already know this, but the coins are earned for the completion of surveys and not for the registration of the game itself. More importantly, surveys are not needed for games which no longer ship to retailers and are therefore not eligible for coins.

Of course, I can understand how that might be frustrating when you have registered a great number of older games, and I do empathize. It is for this reason that a variety of games released prior to December 2008 which are still shipping to retailers also qualify for surveys and coins. You can find a complete list of these qualifying older games at our Club Nintendo FAQ. I've put a direct link to the FAQ below:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/club/en/faq.jsp#register_all

If you have already registered any of the games featured on these lists, I encourage you to complete their accompanying surveys (check your to-do list) right away to get the coins.

Sincerely,

T. J. Geise
Nintendo of America Inc.

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

turbo D

Geese!?!?!!!

lol, there is your problem; Nintendo is now being run by SouthTown's crime boss. It truly is a crime that we cannot get coins for all of those games that we bought. I tried to register a bunch of games for my DS with no luck. Oh well, at least I have the JDM Game&Watch DS. Thanks for sharing that letter Pat, it has really cleared things up. The frustration, however, is still there.
My FF setup!

satoshi_matrix

Maybe I'm dumb, but I'm not sure I understand this completely.

To register your stuff, you enter in the barcode found on the back of the games? If so, I have a quick checklist of things I want to know if I can register for and get points. If anyone can just let me in bullet form if these are ok or not, that would be great in helping me decide if I should bother with this at all.

can you get points for registering:

GBA games?
GBA SP system?
DS (fat) system?
DS Lite system?
DS Headset?
Launch 06' Wii?
Gamecube games?
DS games?
Wii game?

What about older stuff (N64 and older) or import games? For instance, Japanese DS games?

Thanks for anyone who can help.

turbo D

You can only get coins for newer NDS and Wii titles. The code needed for entry is NOT the barcode, but a code on a pamphlet or card included next to the manual. This paper may have been thrown away as NintendoPower spam in the past ( some of my official Nintendo games seem to be missing them.) However, not all games came with these ( I think only official Nintendo releases did ?) AND you may not get coins for all games that did come with these. Thanks to Pat and his letter, we now know all of this. Also, you only get coins when you fill out a survey related to the game in question. Coins are not given just for the fact that you are a loyal customer shelling out your paycheck to Nintendo Corporation ( I once spent a whole paycheck on Nintendo games!)

All of this leads me to a question of my own. Is this how the Club Nintendo of Japan is operated? Is the USA once again getting stiffed? If there are any Japanese Club Nintendo members posting here, can you tell us how it is operated in Japan?
My FF setup!

manuel

Quote from: manuel on December 16, 2008, 05:56:44 am
In Japan ALL games and hardware have point cards.
in Europe only games published by Nintendo earn you points.

PatMan33

ATTENTION! Your WiiWare and Virtual Console games that were purchased BEFORE Club Nintendo became available to you will NOT appear in your list. You must contact Nintendo if you wish to get coins for these games!

satoshi_matrix

How do you do that? I mean how do you prove you downloaded the games?

PatMan33

I would imagine that they will ask you for your Wii's serial number and from there be able to see everything you have.

Josh

Quote from: manuel on December 17, 2008, 04:40:19 am
Quote from: manuel on December 16, 2008, 05:56:44 am
In Japan ALL games and hardware have point cards.
in Europe only games published by Nintendo earn you points.

Wait, seriously?  In Japan every single game, even those not published by Nintendo, give you Club Nintendo points?

manuel

Yes, sir.
All games have point cards and you get points for registering. If you register within 4 weeks after release you get bonus points. Select titles published by Nintendo you can, well, "preregister" on the Club site, which also earns you a few extra points when registering the game itsself (within 2 weeks from release date) afterwards. AND!! after that you can fill out a short questionnaire with your thoughts about the game and earn some points, too.
Point cards are valid up to 2 years after release. After you registered the game and earned the points those points in your balance are valid for 2 years.
These are cumulative points.
All points you get from October 1st to September 30th count for your "status". Gold status is reached with 200 points. Gold members get a little present around new year. Over 400 points is Platinum status. Platinum members get a much better present for their loyalty. No points are deducted for these presents. But after Sepember 30th. your status points go back to 0. They are still in your normal balance of course.
For your points you can always buy items from the shop.

... what more can I say?
If you have any questions, just ask. :)

nurd

I have a question :P

How do I find my username?

Somehow my address and email are all signed up, and I have done the Forgot Password thing like 8 times, I tried all of the usernames I've used that I can remember, and I didn't get anywhere with that :(