The Very Best Famicom Games - Vote for #2 AND #1!

Started by satoshi_matrix, December 22, 2008, 12:08:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these games is the 2nd BEST FAMICOM GAME? What's left becomes #1!

Super Mario Bros. 1
21 (67.7%)
Super Mario Bros. 3
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

satoshi_matrix

December 22, 2008, 12:08:32 am Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 05:49:52 pm by satoshi_matrix
the elimination rounds are over, and now all that's left to do is decide the order in which these games get placed into. If there's a tie, a tie-breaking poll will then be made. We'll continue to do this until all games are numbed!

So get voting! Vote for the game that should take the 10th place!

manuel

Who the *** voted Super Mario 3??  :o

This is for place 25, guys!  ???

UglyJoe

Are you really planning on doing 24 of these polls?  Why not do another bracket?

Joppers

Quote from: UglyJoe on December 22, 2008, 06:57:56 am
Are you really planning on doing 24 of these polls?

Agreed, this is going to be the longest vote in history!

satoshi_matrix

We're not in any hurry are we? Yes, I'm going to do 25 polls, probably each lasting a day or so.

nintendodork

At least no one voted for Super Mari- OH HELL NO!
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

UglyJoe

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on December 22, 2008, 10:07:39 am
We're not in any hurry are we? Yes, I'm going to do 25 polls, probably each lasting a day or so.

It just seems like clutter to me.  And it does very little to reduce the number of ties.

edit: That's a personal comment, not a mod comment.

JC

I think it's fine this way, -- actually, I don't see a better way right now, -- but instead of creating a new thread for each new poll, just edit this thread's poll, eliminating one game each time and resetting the vote count to zero. Keep the polls on a strict voting time limit of like 24 hours, that way people know when a new poll is up -- so they don't miss a poll if they really don't want to.

satoshi_matrix

All very good ideas JC. I will be sure to do just that.

satoshi_matrix

Okay!

So now the polls will last a day each, so be sure to check Famicom World as often as you can! Since most of us will probably be busy with our families, I'll skip over the 25th.

So far, we've decided that

the 25th best game is Return of Mario Bros (FDS)

The poll will now be edited and voting posted deleted.

JC

Hmm...that seems like a strange 25th best game. But what do I know. Maybe it's because it's a rehash of the original, but the original isn't even on the list. Democracy.

satoshi_matrix

Exactly. This list will not reflect my own personal gaming opinions, but rather the overall opinions of the entire community. What more can you ask for? I'm a big Famicom Wars fan, but apparently the community doesn't agree, and it was tossed out almost right away.

I should get a new non-cheapo capture card for x-mas, and I'm thinking of doing some sort of video commentary for this. Any have any suggestions for what I could do?

manuel

Again 2 votes for SMB 3??? And also 2 for SMB1??

Guys? I really hope everybody reads the text. ...  ???

son_ov_hades

Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 are easily top 5 FC games!

satoshi_matrix

Since the results for #24 are all over the place, I've edited the poll to only include those games that are tied with two votes each. Hopefully doing this will result in declaring a 24th slot.